Pages

Monday 23 October 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - This Week's Playlist.

Hi!!!

I've got a post about music for you today - it feels like an age since I last wrote one but if nothing else it means I've had plenty of time to find songs for this one. I thought you might be in need of a few songs to refresh your playlists for this week, so I've compiled a list of the songs I've been playing most recently, including plenty of brand new music. Hope you guys like it.



This track comes with an incredibly relatable title (lol), a clear, husky, honest sounding vocal and such a strong vibe. It's chill, it's easy to listen to, it's youthful, it's catchy. It has been an instant favourite for me since I first heard it in late August and I've been waiting to put it in a post since. I think it is an absolute essential for your playlists.


As many of you know, I'm a lifelong Noel Gallagher fan. This is the first release from the upcoming new album 'Who Built The Moon?' and I think it is fantastic. It is a different direction for the High Flying Birds, but I think it is energetic, it is upbeat, it really suits Noel's voice and it certainly has that stomping sit-up-and-listen quality that I love from the band's music.
Dear Life, a single from Beck's new album Colours, is a really unique song. It has jazz and blues elements throughout thanks to a fabulous piano riff that guides the song. There are also some rock elements, particularly in the chorus when the electric guitar comes to the fore, but it isn't aggressive and it doesn't overpower the blues-y aspects. The lyrics are slightly melancholy, yet attention grabbing, and they have that meaningful, authenticity that draws a lot of people to Beck's music.

I hope you enjoyed reading this and that you get joy from adding these songs to your playlists.
What are your current favourite songs? Do you have any suggestions for future posts, or any comments in general? Leave a comment below to let me know.
I hope your week is off to a good start, I'll see you all very soon.

Have a marvellous day!
GingerSnaps xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment