Pages

Friday 17 March 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - Your Nostalgic (and a bit Cheesy) 90s and 00s Irish Pop Playlist.

Hi!!!

As today is St Patrick's Day, I wanted to share a post with an Irish theme. After mapping out a few ideas, I've settled on this - a collection of the best (fact, not opinion) 90s and 00s pop songs by Irish bands and singers. Let's face it, Irish bands dominated the 90s/00s pop scene, especially on this side of the world, and this seemed like the most 'me' way of sharing the celebrations with you today. It is all a bit cheesy, super catchy and so nostalgic - what else could you want from a playlist, especially a St Patrick's Day playlist.


C'est La Vie by B*Witched.

A classic girl band jam, which I still remember the dance moves to (and yes, there are proper Irish dance steps in there). So catchy, so fun.


This is such a great song. It's more ballad like, and yet it's so uplifting. I love it.

Uptown Girl by Westlife.

I know that this is a cover of the Billy Joel original, but my gosh it is so good. This will be in your head for days. Not sorry. I loved this when I was younger and still do.

Picture of You by Boyzone.

So catchy, such fantastic lyrics and the kind of music you can really dance around to. One of my favourites on this list.

You Raise Me Up by Westlife.

A classic ballad that I never tire of listening to. It is a beautiful song.


This is also a beautiful track. And it was featured in the Notting Hill soundtrack. What's not to like?

What Can I Do by The Corrs.

Another super catchy girl band track. Lovely vocals, great music, a bit cheesy but a good listen.

Flying Without Wings by Westlife.

Goodness me, I love this song. I dare you not to sing along dramatically and/or grab the air - it's impossible.

When The Going Gets Tough by Boyzone.

This one is also a cover (of Billy Ocean), but it is so good. This is so catchy, and you'll be signing it for days.

I think what we've learned here is that I am a huge Boyzone fan, and also that the 90s/00s Irish pop library is an absolute treasure trove of brilliant songs.

I had thought about doing a post like this over all the genres and all the years, from Van Morrison to Two Door Cinema Club, but when I struck on this, I was so excited to write it - it's been so much fun to go back through all my favourite tunes from years ago and share them with you. I love pop music, even/especially if it's a bit cheesy, and playing these songs all day will put the biggest smile on my face.

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy listening to these songs today.
What are your favourite pop songs? Got any comments or suggestions for future posts? Drop me a comment and let me know. 
Speak soon.

I hope your day is magical!

GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. I used to love that bewitch song to an unhealthy extent

    ReplyDelete