Pages

Sunday 5 March 2017

Makeup Your Mind - Makeup and Beauty Inspiration and Tips - Where to Spend and Where to Save.

Hi!!!

Good afternoon, everyone. I hope you've enjoyed your weekend. Today I have a beauty related post for you. I find posts like this really interesting and useful, and hopefully you'll agree once you've read this one. I've gone through each makeup category and after careful consideration, have come up with some recomendations for you. Enjoy.


Primer: Save

Having used primers from Nars and Rimmel, I honestly think that there isn't all that much difference between high end and high street primers. The consistency of the high end ones may be a little bit nicer to apply, but in terms of staying power, which is what you're using a primer for, I think the Rimmel one is just as effective.


Foundation: Spend

I personally prefer high end foundations - high end brands tend to have a better colour range, much nicer consistencies, last longer, and have a much better finish overall. I think it is definitely worth spending on foundation, and my skin certainly prefers slightly more expensive foundations.

Product recomendations: Nars Sheer Glow Foundation, £32.

Concealer: Save

I haven't really got any experience with high end concealers because I've always liked the high street offerings so much that I've never really been fussed by them. I think that the high street has plenty of good offerings and you'll be able to find a range of consistencies and application methods in your local Boots store. The only thing is that the colour range might not be as broad, which will obviously be an issue for some more than others.


Powder: Save

I've only ever used high street powders, although I would like to branch out and try high end versions at some point. I've always been able to find a range of pressed and loose powders on the high street, and so I've always been content saving my money.
 
Eye Shadow: Save or Spend

I have a lot of eye shadow in my makeup collection and it ranges from MAC and Lancôme to Sleek and Maybelline. I think that deciding to save or spend on eye shadow depends on the colour and finish you want. I rate eye shadows from both ends of the price spectrum, and so I would recommend choosing based on your own preferences.
 
 
 
Mascara: Spend

I have to say spend because my favourite mascara is high end, and because I find the difference between cheap and more expensive mascaras to be very noticeable, more so than with most other products. For colour, texture and consistency, and definition and volume, I'd say high end all the way.
 
 
Eyeliner: Save

I'm talking about eyeliner pencils and Kohl pencils here, because I don't like liquid liner and struggle with it anyway. I have found a lot of high street eyeliner pencils have a really fantastic consistency and don't drag along your eye. I have a Kevin Aucoin pencil that I like, but I certainly rate Max Factors offerings and would recommend saving before spending.
 

Blusher: Save

This is because my absolute favourite blush is from Sleek Makeup, a high street beauty brand. I love the Sleek blushers for their colour range, staying power and pigmentation - you only need the tiniest bit to get a strong colour pay off. They are incredible value and I can't see a reason to spend when these are available.

Product recommendations: Sleek Makeup Blush, £4.99.

Lipstick: Save or Spend

I am a lipstick lover. Lipstick is my most used and probably most loved makeup item. My collection ranges from high street to high end and I like them all for different reasons. Ultimately I look for nice colours, a comfortable texture, a quality finish and staying power. I have found this at both ends of the price spectrum and I think it depends on what colour you want, quite how much you fancy treating yourself.


Setting Spray: Spend

I think that you get what you pay for with setting spray. I think it's worth spending a bit more because it really does make a difference to the staying power and finish of your makeup. I find it so useful, and it means you can go out without worrying about your makeup moving it's way down your face.

 
I hope you've enjoyed reading this.
What are your favourite beauty products? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments. I'd love to hear from you.
Thanks for reading. Speak soon.
 
Have a beautiful day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx


2 comments:

  1. Why you so good at flat lays honestly stop ✋🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aww, thanks so much! GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete