Pages

Tuesday 29 August 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - Indie Tracks To Listen To This Week

Hi!!!

It's been a while since I've done a music post so today I'm going to talk you through some indie tracks that you really need to add to all your playlists.



Alt J songs are staples in a lot of indie playlists, from 'Hunger of the Pine' to 'Breezeblocks'. As such, it might not come as a surprise to you that I've picked their latest offering to put in this post. It's just so good. It's conceptual, it's a little bit weird, it's very Alt J. It won't be to everyone's taste but you really should give it a go, because you can't find this kind of stuff elsewhere.


I am obsessed with Peace, and have been for months - so much so that I am shocked to my core that I am yet to tell you about this song. Oh and they're from the West Midlands, like me, so that's a plus. If you like bands like Foals and Two Door Cinema Club, you'll get along with Peace very well. The vocals have a real depth to them, and the harmonies really lift the chorus. Big love for this.



I first listened to this because I thought a band called The Magic Gang simply begged to be listened to. I was right. 'Your Love' is a hazy 60s inspired number, which has a unique mix of familiar and fresh qualities. If it doesn't scream talent, I'm not sure what does. I think it was made for summer. It's gold.


Yes, a song by the act that haunted my YouTube adverts for a solid month. While the Vevo x Rat Boy ads weren't my favourite thing in this life, I can't deny how good this track is. It's easy going, catchy cheeky and sunny and I think it's a must for what is left of summer.


This has been on my radar for ages, not least because supporting your fellow gingers  (especially when they look a bit like a male version of you) is essential. Anyway, this song is fantastic. It's full of bold, funky guitar riffs, really good lyrics and a stirring rock and rolling vocal. It's great to shoutily sing along to, as well (always a plus).

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and that you enjoy the songs I've recommended.
What songs should I listen to this week? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Drop me a comment below.
Speak soon. I'm away at the seaside for a few days, I hope your plans are just as lovely.

Have an amazing day!

GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. if i had to recommend i would zayde wolf i love that band new blood and rise up are my favorites of theirs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check them out. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete