Pages

Sunday 30 April 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - New Music, April 2017 Edition.

Hi!!!

What's up, guys? Wasn't that the most blogger-y start to a post? Anyway, today I have a post all about new music. One of my favourite things in life is finding new songs, new artists or hearing new releases from artists who I've listened to for a long time. There is a full range of those options here for you today, and something for everyone from fun euro-pop to indie guitar tracks to spaced out pshydedellic beats. I hope you enjoy.


I have been a huge fan of Declan McKenna for quite a while now. 'Brazil' is a new release from his upcoming debut album, 'What Do You Think About The Car?', although I think it was used on an EP a while back, and I think it's fantastic. It is both upbeat and relaxed, it is effortlessly cool, and like all of his songs, 'Brazil' is current and socially aware. His music is guitar based, which we all know I love, and I would highly recommend listening to his tracks.


This is solid gold Euro-pop and I am so excited about this track. Fox Wilde are such a charismatic duo and this song (and the music video) show this off brilliantly. The lyrics are cheeky and youthful, the music is layered and interesting, and it has a lot of potential for dancing to. It's a super fun song, and I'm now a little obsessed with Fox Wilde, I'm not going to lie.


If summer-y vintage style songs are up your street then you have to listen to this song. Rex Orange County is a mulit-instrumentalist and makes full use of his range of skills on 'Sunflower', the saxophone in the chorus is awesome. I think this track has influences from the 60s, 70s and from the jazz genre as a whole, and the end product is a cool, sun soaked end product. The only thing I'm not hugely keen on is the spoken word bridge - I don't really like talking in songs - but overall, its a fab song.

'Halfway' is a spaced out, electronic trance piece that is beautifully produced. The lyrics are phrased nicely - I know that sounds odd but it holds your attention - and the vocals are soft, with an ethereal quailty. It's graceful and soft and needs to be added to your playlists right away. It's a brief moment of escapism, but doesn't ever fade into the basic or dull. I love it.

This experimental alternative rock song is so interesting because of its composition. It's mostly instrumental, and a broad range of instruments and sounds are used throughout which holds your attention. It's trippy and it's bold and I think that Bakery are really onto something with this. The production and mix on this track creates a layered affect which adds to the impact of it all around.


I love The Kooks, I have done since I was younger. I love their brand of sunny, smart indie pop and this new track hasn't let me down. Its cheerful, feel-good and the bridge is amazing - the track switches effortlessly between the band's staple guitar pop to a more relaxed, 70s style bridge and I am in love with it. Luke's unique voice really lifts this track.  Listen on a Monday morning to make you feel like a star ready to conquer the world.

Clear charismatic Northern English vocals, and smart self aware lyrics are what I've come to expect from The Courteeners. 'Modern Love' has all the components of a good indie song, with dance worthy, crowd rousing music and lyrics that just beg you to sing along and remember them. New music from bands I love always makes me happy, and The Courteeners haven't let me down (although actual 'Modern Love' apparently will).

'Hello Hello' by Fickle Friends.

Not only does this have the most awesome music video which reflects artistically the struggles and pressures young people face from society and their peers, the song itself is great. It's memorable and fresh and something that I think will appear to fans of all styles of music. It's got pop elements without being sacarine, and it's upbeat and the vocals are strong. If you're a fan of bands like The 1975 and Haim, then I'd definitely recommend you listen to these guys.

'Passionfruit' by Drake.

I am quite the Drake fan, which I don't think I've mentioned on the blog before. I just love the blend of honest lyrics, effortless beats and repetivite, catchy choruses. 'Passionfruit' has quickly become one of my favourite Drake songs, as I think it really showcases his contemporary R&B and hip-hop style. I think it's a must-have for all your summer playlists.

'Felt' by Clean Cut Kid.

Clean Cut Kid's debut album 'Felt' is released on Friday so I couldn't really pass up on including the title track. Clean Cut Kid are an awesome indie band who do everything from certifiable bops (see 'Leaving You Behind') to stuff that's perfect for long summer drives and gigs, like 'Felt'. 'Felt' is high energy and instantly loveable. The harmonies on this track are ace, and it's a really uplifting number, in my opinion. Oh, and did I mention they've been on tour with The Kooks recently?

'Vampires' by Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes.

I absolutely love Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes and their most recent release, 'Vampires' just confirms this. If you like loud, bold punk rock music, you'll get along with this one well. The lyrics are awesome, and Frank Carter has a great voice for rock - a classic gravel-y vocal. It has an original sound, while keeping the guitars and drums that drive rock, its contemporary and it is arresting.

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the post and that you enjoy listening to all of this new music.
Do you know of any new music that I should be listening to? I'd love to hear your recommendation from any artist or style. Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment below and tell me.
Speak soon, everyone.

Have a great day!

GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. honestly only one of these band are on my radar but i will keep look out because i know if they have your stamp of approval they must be good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find some new bands to enjoy because of this post - and thank you for valuing my opinion on music so much, it's one of my favourite things to talk about. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete