Pages

Sunday 9 June 2013

Food Glorious Food! - Restaurant Review - Havana, Leamington Spa.

Hi!!!

Before I begin this post, I'd like to just have a chat with you. When I logged on today, I noticed how many people had viewed this blog in just this week... 97!!! It's a pretty big number! Thank you so, so, so, much for reading my blog!

Anyway - back to business.

A few weeks ago now (before I started blogging), I went to a restaurant called "Havana". It's in Leamington Spa in the West Midlands. Those of you who have read my "Getting to Know You... 25 Facts About Me" post will know it's one of my favourite restaurants. It offers a range of the most beautiful Cuban food. There's some photography in this post - woah there!!! - and so I'll talk more as we go...

 



 
 
 
 
I love the décor of Havana. As you can see from the above photos, it's very relaxed. The exposed bricks add a really rustic charm and the muted browns and greens contribute to the Cuban theme.
It genuinely does feel like you *have* stepped into a little bistro in Cuba with the sun spilling in from the windows and not like your on the high street of Leamington Spa about 5 minutes walk from the Shopping Centre.
 
We went on a boiling hot day but inside it was cool and a welcome retreat.
 
 
 
 
I started the meal with a Homemade Elderflower Presse. I love Elderflower but some Elderflower  drinks can be quite dry and taste very flat. However this was absolutely amazing! It tasted beautiful and the flavour was just strong enough to be noticeable without being overbearing. Very refreshing.


 

I was out and about with my parents that day and that is why there are three dishes - I'm not that greedy...
 
My Mom had the Chorizo and Crayfish Salad with Croutons and Tobaccos Dressing (the dish on the left). She loved it. Now, my family and friends are of a "Let me share or I'll pinch it anyway" culture when it comes to food and so I got to try some as did my Dad. It was fantastic! The flavours really complemented each other and it was nice and light but, as my Mom told me, still rather filling. Big thumbs up for that salad.
 
My lovely Dad had the Meat Board (the dish on the right). Again, I did give this a bit of a try too. I thought it was great. Sometimes, you don't want a big lunch and so the boards are a wise choice. There's a wide variety of boards but the Meat Board is well worth checking out. It features Serrano Ham, Chorizo, Salami, Mixed Olives, Bread and Pickles. This is basically my dream on a wooden board. Very moreish.
 
 
 
I had a Crepes with Lemon and Sugar. I wasn't massively hungry (I'm never particularly hungry when it's hot outside), but they were just right to fill me up. Crepes can be a bit stodgy sometimes which I hate but these were very light. They were possibly the best Crepes I've ever had and they were perfect. Yum.
 
After spending the afternoon walking round Leamington, we went *back* to Havana for more.
 
I had a Lemon and Seed Muffin and more Elderflower Presse. It was AMAZING. It was beautifully baked and was delicious. The best part though was the surprise core of a lemon-y substance (possibly Lemon Curd?) which was not only a surprise but very enjoyable too.
 
 
 
 
 
My Mom had some form of Coffee (it might have been a Cappuccino). With it she had a slice of Coffee and Walnut Cake (again I seagulled some  tried some). It was a great bit of cake. It was wonderfully flavoured and was not dry at all. Beautiful.
 





My Dad had the Chorizo and Crayfish Salad that you saw earlier. I'll show you again because the previous picture wasn't great.  He also had some fabulous apple juice very refreshing.
 
 
 
So, all in all, I adore Havana. They are an amazing restaurant with the most friendly staff ever. They have seating outside and inside - both very comfortable.  It now holds a place in my Top Five Places To Eat because of its absolutely stunning food and it's relaxed atmosphere.

Seriously guys, go and check it out. You won't be disappointed. I promise.
 
Havana have a WEBSITE. Just click on the link and have a butchers.
 
Feel free to leave a comment down below and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Are you interested in going to Havana? Have you been?
 
That's all for now then, have a lovely day.
 
 
GingerSnaps xxx
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment