Pages

Saturday 28 September 2013

I've Been Thinking... - Autumn Love...

Hi!!!

With any luck, you'll have picked up on the fact that it's now Autumn and that means that it's time for this blog to show off how much I love this season. I, being the odd creature I am, have separated this post into lists... that's just how I roll... Did I really just say that? (this list is more September to October, because I don't tend to count the whole November as Autumn, once Bonfire Night is over, it's Christmas and Christmas is in Winter, OK?)

 
Natural Things I Love About Autumn: 
 
  • I know this one is a bit obvious, but I love the way the leaves change colour from bright greens to rich plums, vibrant oranges, deep reds and mellow yellows.
  • Another thing I love is the way that there are berries (especially blackberries) everywhere, waiting to be picked. The best are just when your walking round your neighbourhood and you see loads of blackberries and you just pick them and eat them and life is all "tumblr-fied" and "pintrest"-y and good.
  • I love the drop in temperatures. Stepping out the door in the mornings, being wrapped in a cool breeze, then running back into the house to try and find a jacket.
  • The afore mentioned breezes.
  • Apple trees with loads of fruit and colour. Also, spontaneous apple picking is always fun. (Gosh, I sound like such a stereotypical blogger these days...).
  • Big, long walks in pretty forests/parks/and so on. Those walks just seem endless, and they don't have to be planned. I'm actually going for sometime this weekend.


Seasonal Food & Drinks That I Love:
 
  • As I mentioned before, I do love blackberries and apples (and although not mentioned above, I do also love pears). Yummy...
  • Warm Crumble Cake with Berries on a Sunday after a massive roast dinner with my family -  pudding is always homemade by me, I love baking.
  • Pie. Pie is a good thing, OK? I do love a good steak pie, or a chicken pie (but not chicken and mushroom, mushrooms = death).
  • Bacon on hot crumpets in the morning (as long as someone else is making it and I can lie in!)
 
Activities I Love Doing In The Autumn:
 
  • As I've said before, big long walks are always great.
  • This is the last time I will mention fruit today, I swear, but picking seasonal fruit is always fun.
  • Watching tellybox in my jammies with a huge brew (translated into: watching the television in my pyjamas with an oversized mug of tea).
  • Trying to catch falling leaves - for those of you who don't do this, you have to try and catch a random falling leaf and if you catch it, you make a wish. Then, that wish will come true.
  • Baking cakes and other sweet treats..
  • Reading a good book.
  • Singing my favourite Autumn related hymn from Primary school, Autumn Days, around the house, or while I get ready in the mornings. If it sounds familiar and you want to listen to it, then feel free to click HERE. You'll have to add the singing yourself though, sorry...
 
Makeup Styles I Love Wearing In The Autumn:
 
  • When the Autumn rolls round, I like matching my makeup to the colours of the season. Because of my skintone, hair colour and eyes, browns, gold, plums and forest greens (not for everyone, but I like them) on the eyes, tend to suit me.
  • I like wearing deep nail polishes. Deep, dark nail polishes look better on me than bright and nude or at least I think so, but in the summer some people see them as too much/draining/etc. But once this season draws in, I know that I can dig out my beautiful dramatic varnishes.
  • Using cream blushers when it gets colder gives a really healthy glow to the skin, look more soft and pretty in comparison to the change in drama when it comes to eyes and lips.
  • I'm a dark lipstick kind of girl and so I love wearing plums especially on the lips (I won't wear red now until everything gets festive) but I also like a rosy tint (step forward Vasline Rosy Lips).
 
Fashion and Clothes I Enjoy In The Autumn:
 
  • Jumpers. Lots of jumpers. Jumpers for me are absolutely brilliant; they keep me warm, make me feel really comfortable and snuggly and also, I think they look really cute. I know some people like the more structured version but I just adore loose, oversized, soft, baggy jumpers. I do like the structured ones too, my favourite being a handmade cream fisherman's jumper: the family member who it was made for gave it to me recently. My friends and I are all obsessed with jumpers... We are very strange...
  • Chucks. My Chucks. Known to many as Converse, however to me, they are my Chuck Taylors, cos I'm cool like that. My lovely red high-top Chucks are ideal on classic Autumn Days. I love those shoes so much!
  •  I do love my Bull & Boxer boots (or Boxer & Bull Boots, I'm never quite sure which way round it is). They are ankle boots and so I wouldn't class them as boots as such. I love them eternally and you will see them very soon I promise.
  • Wearing "full-on" boots, as I call them when it starts to get really chilly.
  • My Jack Wills gilet; comfy, cosy, goes with everything and brilliant over all sorts of other clothes.
  • I love wearing hats - beanies and berets in particular - and scarves. They are so lovely to wear and pull an outfit together I find.

 
Other Stuff I Couldn't Quite Categorize...
 
  • Strictly Come Dancing. I love Strictly so much and Oh My Glitterballs, this years line up is looking sooo good.
  • Officially starting my Christmas countdown - right now, it's only 88 days away!!!
  • Going to Costa for hot drinks in takeaway cups.
  • Wearing super fluffy slippers.
  • The anticipation for Halloween (which I usually spend over at my best friend Elf Girl's (find her HERE) house, dressed up like something or other - more on that soon) and for Bonfire Night (I love fireworks so much, I think they are the one most beautiful things ever).


That's all for today then. I'd ramble on more, but I wouldn't want to bore you but if you would like to see more on my love of autumn, please do let me know. What are your favourite things about Autumn? Are any of them the same as mine? Do you think I sounded very blogger-y in this post? I think I probably did...

 
Have an excellent day today!
 
GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment