Pages

Wednesday 23 July 2014

I've Been Thinking.... - The "Friendly Games" Have Begun... - The Commonwealth Games, Glasgow 2014

Hi!!!


So, since quite a few of you live within countries in the Commonwealth (or so my stats tell me) and I do too, I thought that I would do a wee post about the games this year.


The Commonwealth Games is known as the "friendly games", and if you've heard the humorous Radio One ads for the games, you'll know the "pleasantries" began today.

The opening ceremony, which I am watching now is quite simply brilliant, and one of the best opening ceremonies I have seen in a good while, and has me looking forward to the games.

I think Scotland is a brilliant country - it is very picturesque and pretty, it has amazing culture and traditions, its people are pretty cool as is its music scene (you know I love The Proclaimers) and I couldn't thin of better hosts for the games.

I also think its wonderful that UNICEF are working with the Commonwealth Games tonight - they are hoping to get as many people around the Commonwealth as possible to donate to helping children, simultaneously. I think it is a great cause, and that, if you are in a position to donate, and would like to, should donate and be a part of something great.

As you know, I think that sport is a great way of bringing people together (and I am by no means Sporty Spice) and I wish everyone lots of luck for the games (especially GB!).

Enjoy the games, get involved, feel the spirit of it all and if you can, donate to UNICEF tonight.

For a link to information on the Commonwealth Games, head on over (HERE).

Link to UNICEF's work with the Commonwealth Games, (HERE).

General UNICEF link, (HERE).

Link to Visit Scotland, for those who are heading there for the games, (HERE).


That's all for today then folks, and I will speak to you all very soon - watch this space.
Is the country you live in/are from in the Commonwealth? What do you think of the Opening Ceremony? Are you looking forward to the games? What sport are you most excited for? Any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
Love you all!


Have a totally brilliant day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment