Pages

Monday 4 August 2014

Never Forgotten - The Centenary Anniversary Of World War One

Hi!!!


So, a slightly sombre post today, but I do believe talking about these things matters greatly. I was unsure whether posting today was the right decision, but I have decided that it could be.
Today is the centenary (100 year anniversary) of World War One - for the UK - and as many people remember and commemorate this, I felt I should too.

I am not here today to give my opinions about what happened.

I am here, however, to commemorate those who were involved in the war, either on the battlefields, in the munitions factories, at home worrying or elsewhere.
To commemorate those who lost their lives, as well as those who came back.
To commemorate and remember the people who were involved in the war from all countries and backgrounds.
To respect, reflect and remember.

I hope that today you will spend some time reflecting on World War One and those involved and affected.
 
In memory of *all* of those affected and involved, we will never forget.
We salute and respect you.



Thanks for reading, see you all soon for another post!
Any thoughts to share on this post? Any ideas or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
Till next time...

Have a great day,

GingerSnaps xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment