Pages

Monday 23 February 2015

I've Been Thinking... - This Girl Can

Hi!!!

How are we all? This is one of my world famous posts about an ad campaign. OK, so maybe not world famous, but hopefully you'll like it. Today's advert is from the "This Girl Can" campaign. I really love this campaign (which you'll find out more about as we go on) and I really hope you enjoy.

The campaign "This Girl Can" launched fairly recently. I first saw it on Sky News Sunrise with the ever fabulous Eamonn Holmes and crew and I just fell completely in love with the advert, the campaign and what these amazing women stand for.
 
 "This Girl Can" is one for all you lovely ladies out there.

The campaign is funny and witty (If you don't laugh at "I Jiggle, Therefore I Am" then I'm not sure we can be friends...) and is so relatable. It also features the music of the ever amazing Missy Elliot (who we all love, right?) which makes it so much fun to watch.

There are inspirational women of all shapes, sizes, ages, skills and abilities in the campaign, which is something I really like as it shows that being active, being healthy and taking care of yourself is something for everyone. These women look like the kinds of people you might know, which reminds you of this.

One billboard I have seen from the campaign is a phrase I really like: "I Swim Because I Love My Body, Not Because I Hate It". I like it because I see a lot of people hating the way that they look and hating their bodies. I'm not saying that you can't want to make a change, that you can't want to get fitter, to tone or to lose weight (or anything else) but the reasons must be right. Don't go into it hating your body. Go into it wanting to make your body better, to make you happy, to make you healthy (or something else) and you'll do much better.

This campaign serves as a great lesson for a number of people that exercise is for everyone, that how you look while you exercise isn't important and that a good lifestyle is a way to improve yourself in many ways (your health, your happiness, your looks etc.)

Leading a healthy and happy life is key for us all and "This Girl Can" is a reminder that nothing should stop you from achieving this or achieving your goals.
 
To watch the television advert for "This Girl Can", mosey on over HERE and to see their campaign website, click ME.
 

That's everything for today then, you guys. I hope that you enjoyed this post and that you like the campaign as much as I do.
What do you think of "This Girl Can"? Had you heard of it before now? Do you participate in any sports? Do you workout or do any other kind of exercise? Has this campaign helped change how you feel about sports and exercise whether you currently participate in it or not? Let me know in the comments below...
Thanks for reading this, everyone.
 
I hope your day is exceptional!
 
GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment