Pages

Tuesday 2 February 2016

I've Been Thinking... - Frankie, Tommy, Bob and Nick.

Hi!!!

We all know I love the 1960s - the music, the fashion, the everything, basically. I have always absolutely loved 60s music and one group I have loved for as long as I can remember would be The Four Seasons. Naturally, when the movie 'Jersey Boys' came out a while back, I knew I had to see it. I finally got round to watching it recently and I'd like to share my thoughts.

'Jersey Boys'. 

I am so, so in love with this movie.
I think that it is amazingly filmed and directed which produces a wonderful effect overall. I think the cast are excellent, worked really well together and who played their roles exceptionally. Obviously, the soundtrack features the legendary music of The Four Seasons and it is beautifully worked in with the movie. The sets, costumes and makeup (the last is particularly key as the band get older throughout the movie) are nothing short of brilliant.
The key with biopic movies or plays for me (and this is both, though I am yet to see this on stage) is 'doing them justice'. In my eyes, this movie does do the music, personalities and legendary status of Frankie, Tommy, Bob and Nick.
It's emotional, it's captivating, it's creative. I love it.
If you love the 60s, if you love music, if you love biopics, if you love The Four Seasons, if you love movies - you need to go watch this movie. 
 
I hope you enjoyed this - I do love sharing things I love with you guys, and I love this film.
Have you seen the film? Have you seen Jersey Boys on stage? What is your favourite song by The Four Seasons? Maybe you have a favourite of Frankie's solo records? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading, I hope you're having a lovely day.
 
I hope your day is epic.
 
GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. i never seen that film i might give it look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you should, it's awesome. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete