Pages

Friday 15 July 2016

All Things Bright and Beauty-Ful - Beauty Reviews - Summer Nail Polish Shades featuring MoYou and Rimmel.

Hi!!!

How's it going? I decided that I'd write something today in between PBS documentaries and cartoons (a strange sounding combination, but a very interesting/entertaining one). Today I have a beauty post for you. I've not really reviewed or talked about nail polish or art here before, but I thought you might want some recommendations for some quality summer shades. Let's get into it.

 
The first nail polishes I have to talk to you about are MoYou London Nail Lacquers.
MoYou London first came to my attention when one of my cousins bought me a set of their polishes as a Christmas present. I admit that I hadn't heard of the brand before but I am very impressed with their products.

 
'Cool Pool' is a fresh blue-toned green, 'White Knight' is a clean white, and 'Sweet Lips' is a fun pink. I think that they have altered the shade range, however, since I first got mine, because 'Cool Pool' seems much more of a true blue colour on the website at the moment - 'Turquoise Mint' seems closer to my 'Cool Pool'. Sorry if this is confusing, I just don't want to give you misinformation.

 
 I've found them all to be long lasting - I recently wore 'Cool Pool' without a top coat and it still lasted three days before chipping. The packaging is simple and pretty - metallic lids with clear bottles.
 The brush is wide, but not so wide that it leads to clumsy application, which is good.


 The polish is great quality at an affordable price ('Sweet Lips' and 'Cool Pool' cost £4.99, 'White Knight' is more pricey at £6.99). I'd recommend treating yourself to a bottle or two.
 
I also have a Rimmel product to mention.

 
I decided last year that I wanted to get a pink nail polish to wear on my birthday. I wanted a sugary pink colour, but not an overbearing neon shade.
The answer was a Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine By Rita Ora nail polish in the shade 'Sweet Retreat'.
It's a different shade of pink than the MoYou one - it's lighter and more 'pink' (if that makes sense), whereas the MoYou one is more of a muted tone.

 
It's a gorgeous colour, very true to the shade you see in the bottle. It lasts well, especially if you use it with a top coat and, although it doesn't dry in 60 seconds, it is a great summer all rounder.


It is really cheap, too, at just £2.99 per bottle. Big love for this one.

And those are my picks. Shout out to Hand Food and Heel Genius, Soap and Glory's brilliant hand and food creams. I really want to try the Sugar Crush Hand Food, too.

 
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed the post and maybe found some new products to try.
What are you favourite nail polish shades? What brands would you recommend? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
Have a good weekend, everyone and enjoy the rest of today.
 
Have a totally fantastic day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. i have that Shade of the rita
    ora nail polish it is really nice isn't it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Thanks for reading. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete