Pages

Thursday 24 November 2016

Oh My Life! - Tales of My Life and Times - Christmas at Chatsworth

Hi!!!

You guys, Christmas is well and truly on its way and I am so excited, not least because it brings so many fun opportunities to spend time with family and friends. This year, one of those things has been visiting Chatsworth at Christmas, and I wanted to share some snaps from the day and tell you what we got up to.


I'd been to Chatsworth once before, which was also a Christmas visit - it was in 2014, and the theme for the decorations was The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (one of my favourite stories). That was an amazing visit and so, upon finding out the theme was The Nutcracker, I suggested booking tickets for this year.

I adore the story of The Nutcracker and have been to see the ballet (one of the most wonderful things I've done) and so I was massively excited.


We set off early and made the drive from Birmingham to Derbyshire - Chatsworth is in a town called Bakewell, which I think is such a cute name. Anyway, we got there at about quater to ten and our slot for the house was 10:15am so we took a little early morning dander round the market beforehand.



Every room in the house was decorated beautifully with a different scene from the Nutcracker. The decorations followed the story from Clara's early encounters with her Nutcracker Doll to their journey into the Land of Sweets (aka where I would like to live, please and thanks).






There were also rooms decorated like the stage of the ballet and the dressing rooms of the dancers playing each character.  One of my favourite rooms was the Sugar Plum Fairy's dressing room - it features a Christmas tree made of tutus and a very magical bubble bath.



The staff are all dressed in themed costumes which was another really special touch, and the music from the ballet plays throughout the house.





We spent some time in the afternoon in the gardens exploring, looking round the Christmas market and getting carried away with the cheeses and game meat stalls and drinking hot chocolate, and we even took a short horse and carriage ride (which cost £2 each) which was lovely.



It was such an amazing day and it was a really lovely thing to experience with family, too. 


I'd highly recommend going this year if you can - I think the Christmas market might still be on but I know the decorations and gardens are definitely still there all the way till the big day.


Thanks so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed seeing what I got up to on this very festive day out.
Have you been to Chatsworth House? Do you like The Nutcracker? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts, be sure to leave a comment.
Peace out, sugar plums.

I hope your day is delightful and magical!

GingerSnaps xxx

4 comments:

  1. Omg... Love it. Really sorry I missed it..
    But did get to see the ballet with you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you'd have really enjoyed it this year, especially as I know you liked the ballet. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete
  2. Look at me being a bad friend and having to catch up on posts also how dare you go anywhere with ballet and Christmas and not invite me! prepare to be shunned son

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you're not a bad friend, you're just busy (and I can relate to that, haha). And I know you would have absolutely loved it and had so much fun! Gingersnaps xxx

      Delete