Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - Five Of My Favourite Music Videos

Hi!!!

I'm one of those people that watches MTV a whole lot. I also listen to a lot of music on YouTube. All of this music video watching means I have of course ended up with favourites (and least favourites, but that's a post for another time). So, without any more rambling from me, here's a selection of the ones I like best.



The sheer joy that this video brings me is probably immeasurable. I just love how simple it is. One guy dancing in a corridor somewhere. I know everyone jokes about keeping costs down, or having a forgotten deadline to meet, being the cause of this video, but I think its actually really smart, and it really does stay with you. So whatever the reason for its creation, you must watch it. Oh and the song is cracking too.


This is an amazing video. The concept is so smart and cool and it is brilliantly filmed. There is a clear story and it is a memorable one. If you're a fan of cowboy films, I think you'll appreciate it as this video definitely has Butch and Sundance vibes. I also really like the song, particularly in terms of the actual music.


I could have chosen any one of Sia's videos from recent years because they are all great. But The Greatest is one of my absolute favourites and it pays a beautiful tribute to those who lost their lives in the shooting in Orlando earlier this year. The choreography is amazing and so are all the dancers. Oh and the song rules all.


This video. Honestly. As some of you may know, Noel Gallagher has said a few times before that he isn't a big fan of making music videos and this one takes that sentiment very seriously. The video itself is very good, it has an engaging narrative, it works well with the song and the direction is great. But my highlight is of course the humour at the beginning and end - it makes me laugh every time.


Alex Turner and Co lip syncing and drumming while one the road is one of those things that you didn't know you needed until you you see it. It's so simple but so entertaining. I really liked all the songs on AM but I wasn't at all keen on a lot of the music videos produced to go alongside it however this one is gold.

I think that's everything then. I hope you enjoyed this post, and that you like the music videos as much as I do.
What are your favourite music videos? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
Thanks for reading.

Have a fabulous day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment