Pages

Saturday 24 August 2013

All Things Bright and Beauty-ful! - Beauty Product Review - NARS Sheer Glow Foundation Review.

Hi!!!

If you read THIS post a little while ago, you'll know that I treated myself to NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Mont Blanc. I'd been eyeing this foundation up for absolutely ages and one of the reasons I was so interested in this foundation was because of all the brilliant reviews that it had from all the wonderful bloggers and YouTube beauty gurus. So, I thought since I used their reviews as an excuse to buy this product, I thought I'd write one so that you can use mine as an excuse to purchase it, as well as all the others.
 
 
The Product. 


 
 

 
 
 
What NARS Promise. 
 
 
In their own words, NARS promise a "glowing, natural radiant finish foundation" that has "sheer" yet "buildable" coverage, that "evens out skin tone". NARS claim that it will leave skin "hydrated, more luminous, softer and smoother". NARS also claim that if  "used daily, Sheer Glow Foundation improves the skin's brightness and texture".  
 
According to NARS, Sheer Glow Foundation contains powerful anti-oxidants that will protect against skin damaging free radicals. It also contains turmeric extract that supposedly improves the skin's tone and radiance.
 
NARS recommend this foundation for Normal, Normal to Dry and Dry Skin Types. If you however have an oily skin,  NARS also sell NARS Sheer Matte Foundation, available (HERE).
 
What I think of NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.
 
I really love this foundation.
 
This foundation feels beautiful on the skin - it's cool on application and it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. It really does make the skin look more glowing and radiant and it has such a beautiful finish. My skin doesn't feel or look cakey or dried out after using it.
Also, it's brilliant for someone like me with sensitive skin because it's fragrance free and dermatologically tested.
This foundation wears brilliantly on the skin and lasts for most of the day (between 5 and 7 hours depending on how hot it is outside)  - please do note that I use this foundation, as I do with every foundation I wear, with primer.
 I apply it at a medium coverage, but it is definitely buildable. Also, if you prefer a lighter coverage, just use it sparingly and consider applying with your hands.
 I tend to apply it with a Real Techniques Buffing Brush - part of the Core Collection (HERE) - or just with my hands. Both give a really lovely finish. I don't think that there is a bad way to apply Sheer Glow.
 
NARS Sheer Glow photographs beautifully. It contains no SPF which is great if your moisturiser has an SPF in (since you aren't supposed to layer SPF's) and also means that it won't flashback in photographs.
 
Something else that really impressed me was the packaging - a sturdy yet elegant glass bottle which is cool to the touch and fits perfectly in my makeup bag as well as looking beautiful on my dressing table with an almost velvety lid. My only issue with the packaging is the fact that the lid does pick up foundation covered finger prints and marks very easily... But you can't have it all I suppose.
 
I can't vouch for the improvement of the brightness of skin and texture that comes from using it everyday because I don't wear foundation everyday - sorry (I don't see the point if I'm just going to Tesco and popping round to see my Auntie). However, since this foundation delivered on everything else, I'd imagine that it would on this, even just a bit.
 
Would I recommend it?
 
I would highly recommend this product to anyone with a normal, normal to dry, or dry skin who is looking for a premium foundation that will photograph beautifully and make their skin look stunning. I cannot recommend this highly enough. It's worth all the hype that it has received. It's my dream foundation to date...
 
Where you can buy NARS Sheer Glow and how much does it cost.
 
 NARS Sheer Glow retails for £30.50 and is easily accessible to purchase at Space NK (website HERE) and Selfridges & Co (website HERE) stores. It is also available on the NARS website (HERE). The NARS website also has a list of stores that stock NARS products - mentioned above and others - and their locations, so its worth a look.
 
The final word.
 
 That's it for today then, guys. I hope that you've enjoyed this post - my first beauty review. If you have enjoyed it then do let me know in the comments. Do you have NARS Sheer Glow? Do you agree with what I've said? And if not, have you got your eye on it? I assume you have.
 
I hope that your day is absolutely brilliant.
 
GingerSnaps xxx
 


No comments:

Post a Comment