Pages

Thursday 8 August 2013

Shopping for Treats - Little Beauty Haul - Shopping at Space NK

Hi!!!

So, my birthday has been and gone and I was lucky enough to get a bit of money. Well, I say a bit - it was more than I had expected it would be. This meant that, as any decent human would I went shopping. No, I didn't spend it all at once, I just did a tiny bit of shopping. I was out and about a week or so ago and saw a Space NK... It would have been rude of me not to go in.... And buy at least one item... So I did...

(P.S - I know, there are no pictures in this post but, Blogger seems to hate me and won't let me upload any form of picture/image/stock photo. This means that to view the products, you'll just have to use the links. I've been trying for days to get the pictures into this post but no such luck. Yes, I could have spend another few days trying but I wanted to get this post up as soon as possible so it was still relevant and to make up for the lack of posts last month. Sorry guys!)


The first thing that I bought was Nars Pore Refining Primer (HERE). I don't have massively visible pores - I never have had (thankfully). However, what attracted me to this primer was the fact that it didn't have any oil in it. I didn't want my skin to feel greasy and I find that some primers can make my skin this way, which isn't something I'm used to with normal skin. Also, in this warm weather, foundation will quite happily do as it pleases and run down your face, which doesn't leave you with a particularly attractive look. A primer will help keep it where you put it. Finally, I want my foundation to last as long as possible. Primers help it last much better as well as helping it look better for longer too.

The other item I bought was a complete cult product from Nars to go with my primer... You might have already guessed that it is Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (HERE). I got it in the colour Mont Blonc. I have heard such amazing reviews about this foundation from practically everyone who has tried it which is why I bought it. If you have an oily skin, this may still work but they do also do a Nars Sheer Matte Foundation instead (HERE) which comes in the same colour range as Sheer Glow and is the same price - just in case.
 
The shop assistant who was helping me out that day was very friendly, chatty and helpful as well as having a good knowledge of the products. As if this wasn't nice enough, she threw in a load of sample products that she thought I'd like... I love Space NK...
 
I was given these two sachets of the Eve Lom Rescue Mask (HERE). I'm not sure how this will bode with my sensitive skin however if it doesn't rile up my skin, it sounds right up my street (deep cleaning, clearing and brightening - yes please!) and will be a great treat either now or in the upcoming colder months (feel free to hate me because I reminded you of the dreaded colder months!!!).  
 
The next samples I received were two of the Beautannia Brideshead Bath and Shower Gel's (HERE) in a handy duo pack with a Beautannia Brideshead Body Cream (HERE) in each pack. I was chuffed to be given these for free as the Body Cream alone is £42. The skin on my body is still sensitive just not as sensitive on my face so I'll have to see how I go with these but I look forward to using them and I hope they are as good as they sound. I love the packaging here - it's just lovely.
 
The last duo of samples that the shop assistant gave me were perfumes. They were two mini Acqua Di Parma Eau De Toilette in the fragrance Blu Mediterraneo (HERE). They are around the size of "Travello" bottles (if your unfamiliar with them, they are small bottles to decant your perfume into - view HERE). I think that these will be great for my handbag and I love wearing perfume - I feel weird without it! - plus I know for sure that I will get on with these!

So, overall, I had a lovely experience shopping at Space NK - as always I was highly impressed with the staff and everything else. I know I'm lucky to have bought what I did and I love all the products I walked away with.

Thank you for reading. If you have anything to say about this post or any of the products mentioned, feel free to leave a comment.

I hope your day is wonderful!
 
GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment