Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Home is Where The Heart Is - Home Inspiration and Interior Design Ideas - Shabby Chic Bedroom.

Hi!!!

Today, I've dedicated some time to my blog. Today, I came in, I sat down with a cup of tea and thought, I'll write a blog post or two. Pride and Prejudice (the TV series version) is on telly in the background and I'm armed with a brew, some Cadbury Mini Animals and a very comfy armchair and I'm ready to write...
 
This is a very different post from anything I have done on this blog before. It's not something I planned to post about when I began this blog but I think that it might make for an interesting post. This post is an interiors post. Recently, we've been considering moving house - we've seen one that we really like and are thinking of putting an offer in. This opens up so many doors in terms of interior design because we'll no doubt end up redecorating every room in the house. We'll be bringing up the carpets, stripping the wallpaper and moving our furniture in. Because we'd already be redecorating, I can go ideas mad in terms of paint swatches, curtain patterns and wallpaper patterns. This excites me. The room which I'm most excited to decorate my bedroom. I know exactly what I want it to look like and how I want it to be.
 
I love the "Shabby Chic" style. It's right up my street and is the perfect mix of my lovely colours, gorgeous fabrics and beautiful furniture. I know in my head exactly what I want my bedroom to look like and "Shabby Chic" is it.

The Colour Scheme.

The Shabby Chic colour scheme is made up mostly of whites and creams with accents of soft toned peaches, delicate greens, sky blue, gentle greys, dainty salmon pinks and mild lavenders. Dreamy...



Furniture and Accessories.

Wooden furniture features a lot and the main choice is distressed white wood.
 
 
Credit.
 
 
I'd simply love a Rattan Headboard if I can get my hands on one... And if not another "Parisian" style headboard - back to the white wood again (re-edit: saw the perfect white wooden headboard today, so I've now got two options - yay!).
 
 
Credit.

I'd love also Bunting and Scatter Cushions (Lee Evans fans...) to feature as an accessory, with the bunting hung from different spaces of the room but meeting at one central point. As well, I'd love to include fairy lights, twig lights and lots of candles - I know it seems like it, but I'm not planning a fire hazard - promise.

Something I'd really love to do is have a quote/quotes or lyrics or a saying painted above my bed. If you have any ideas for that, then do let me know in the comments.

Just so you know, I do want wardrobes and a dressing table but, you know, bit obvious and not as fun as other stuff to be honest is it?


I'll also be including all of my old Hollywood movie prints and my two favourite Audrey Hepburn stills in the room.

The Final Notes.

And that's all for today my lovelies.  I hope this has inspired you in some way, been interesting and that you enjoyed this post.
If you have any ideas of your own that you'd like to share, please do or any comments or questions to do with this post, and I'll do my best to answer them all. And I'll be sure to give you a room tour once it's all complete - even though we haven't even secured this house yet...

Have a fabulous day.

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment