Pages

Sunday 24 May 2015

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do! - Music - Let's Talk About... - The Kinks.

Hi!!!

I'm so glad that I'm back in the blogging seat, and I'm going to take advantage of the Bank Holiday weekend and try to write lots. Today, I wanted to do a bit of a spotlight post about The Kinks, because they are great and they have cropped up in my mind a lot lately. So, lets tear and share some thoughts, some favourites and some articles.
This is a whole new kind of post over here, so maybe this can become a series... Let me know what you think!

Let's Talk About The Kinks.
The Kinks hit the big time back in the 60s (an era which we love, don't we?).
The Kinks were comprised of the Davies brothers, Ray and Dave, as well as Mick Avory and Pete Quaife, a bunch of "misfit" boys from Muswell Hill with a whole load of talent.
The Kinks are one of the most important and influential bands and some of the best musicians ever and I love them.
Four of my favourite songs by The Kinks:
Three reasons to love The Kinks:
  • Their music is iconic, amazing, very influential and will make your ears happy.
  • The personalities of their band members. 
  • Their effortless cool.
 Two of things I would like:
  • Tickets to go see Sunny Afternoon (FIND IT HERE)
  • A copy of Ray Davies : A Complicated Life, a biography by Johnny Rogan (FIND IT HERE)

One of my favourite interviews related to The Kinks:
That's a wrap! I truly hope that you have enjoyed this post today and found it interesting.
Do you like The Kinks? Have you discovered anything new in this post? Let me know in the comments below?
Enjoy the rest of your day.
Have a completely and totally wonderful day!
GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment