Pages

Tuesday 22 December 2015

I've Been Thinking... - Some of My Favourite Christmas Films.

Hi!!!

Good evening everyone, how are you all? Today is the third post in my "A Dash Of Ginger Festive Five" series and I'm really excited to write it. One of my favourite things to do at Christmas time is curling up and watching Christmas films with the Christmas lights on and a hot chocolate in hand as it always makes me feel so festive and happy. Since it is always such a huge part of my Christmas, I thought I'd share a few of my favourite Christmas films with you.

(Obviously, I haven't listed every single last one of my favourite Christmas films - as there are just so many - but these are some that I do really love and enjoy year in year out. These are my stand-outs.)

Some of My Favourite Christmas Movies.
 
One Christmas movie that has been a favourite of mine for many years is Miracle on 34th Street. I love both versions but my favourite is the one made in 1994. The story is absolutely beautiful and totally enchanting, I love all of the characters, and the cast and production of this film are wonderful. This film makes me feel all Christmassy and makes me smile every time I watch it.
 
Another fantastic Christmas movie is Nativity!. This film is hilarious and charming and I'm a huge fan of it. The characters are great (especially Mr Poppy - what a legend!) and the storyline is brilliant. This film is bound to put you in a good mood, the children in it are adorable and all of the characters are loveable. It's just a stroke of genius.
 
Elf. How could we get through a Christmas movie post without Elf? There is quite a bit of hype surrounding this film and I can say that, in my opinion, it is totally worth it. It's really funny and I quote it a ridiculous amount. I really like how it has just the right amount of classic Christmas-ness mixed with lots of laugh-out-loud moments.

If you know me, you'll know about my serious love for Love Actually. I just think it's brilliant - I'm a huge fan of Richard Curtis movies and of Christmas so this was always bound to be a favourite. It has lots of hilarious moments, some beautiful stories and the format of multiple intertwining stories is unique and works really well.

The Holiday is a really wonderful festive film and I've loved it since I first watched it. I think the story is beautiful, the characters are brilliant and I'm always left smiling and feeling really happy by the end. This was an instant favourite for me and I think it will be for you too - it is so sweet, so funny and so excellent. I also dressed in Iris (Kate Winslet's character in this) inspired outfits for a good year or so after seeing this film...

Saving Santa is a super fun animated Christmas film. It has a lovely storyline, it is really cute and the characters are very loveable. This has some really funny moments and it is a great feel good movie which is guaranteed to fill you full of Christmas cheer and joyfulness. I am a big fan of this one and I 100% think its worth a watch.

Arthur Christmas is a great one. I watched this the other night (I'd seen it before then but it reminded me how much I like it). There are some really touching moments in this as well as some funny and slightly crazy moments (it's not often that light up slippers can be used to calm down lions!) and the character of Arthur is really sweet.

The Polar Express has been a love of mine for many years and is a treasured part of Christmas for me. The storyline is wonderful and it takes you on an adventure with the characters. I think its a really lovely film and I enjoy it every time that I watch it. This is best enjoyed with a hot chocolate and pyjamas and I think you'll really like it.

For as long as I can remember, I've loved the Muppets so of course The Muppet Christmas Carol is on this list. I've seen it so many times but it never gets old and it always makes me feel festive and cheerful. There are songs, familiar Muppet faces and the classic and meaningful Charles Dickens storyline to look forward to so you should check it out.

Another favourite is Home Alone. This is such an out-there story but it works really well and makes all of the slapstick comedy more hilarious. I'll always want to ride a sledge down the stairs and I still admire the genius of the character Kevin for looking after himself so well and for his creativity when it comes to protecting his home. Classic Christmas comedy.

An undeniable seasonal classic is White Christmas. This has all the best bits of an old school musical - brilliant songs, great characters, memorable costumes and a fun story. This has a special place in my heart - I have lots of memories watching the film and last year my Mom and I went to see it at the Dominion Theatre.

I'm a big Disney fan so Mickey's Once Upon A Christmas/Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas/Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse are some of my favourites. The little sketches and stories within the film are charming and it's lovely to see some familiar faces in the form of Mickey and Co.

That's all for today then, folks. I hope that you enjoyed this post and that it has inspired you to curl up with your favourite Christmas film. I hope you're enjoying the "A Dash Of Ginger Festive Five" series so far, I'll see you tomorrow for the next instalment.
What is your favourite Christmas film? Have I drawn your attention to one you haven't seen before? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments section.
Thank you for reading, I hope you're having a lovely week.
 
Have a terrific day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment