Pages

Saturday 11 February 2017

All Things Bright and Beauty-Ful - Beauty Reviews - My Perfume Collection.

Hi!!!

I have spoken about all kinds of beauty products on this blog over the years, from lipstick to nail polish, and yet I haven't ever written about one of my favourite, and most used items - perfume. So I'm now sat watching The Royle Family, ready to talk you through some of my current collection.


Prada Candy is such an incredible scent. It's sweet, with base notes of Caramel, and warm, with top notes of White Musk, which matches the amber liquid in the bottle. Each scent is heavily packed in - this one is noticeable, memorable and lasts all day. The bottle itself has a stunning design with pink and black detailing, the Prada logo in gold and a rounded, Retro inspired body. It's fun, girly and bold. I can't think of another perfume quite like this, and it is perfect as both a daytime and an evening fragrance.
 
This has been one of my signature fragrances for years, and I'm always complimented on it. It has base notes of Vanilla and Patchouli which root this perfume in warmth, maturity and femininity. It isn't overbearing but lasts all day, wearing well but remaining noticeable. The bottle is the classic Jean Paul Gaultier 'body', and the bottle the Eau de Parfum is housed in has lace inspired detailing over it. It comes in a tin, rather than a box, and I keep my bottle within the tin because I like the way it looks.

Oh look, another blogger with Jo Malone perfume, who'd have ever thought? All jokes aside, I do really like this fragrance - one of my Auntie's wears this and I've always loved it on her. This is a really unique scent - it's fruity and fresh, with raspberry and plum as well as pomegranate. It has rich notes of Frankincense and Patchouli. The bottle is has that iconic elegance that Jo Malone products are famed for - glass in a cuboid shape with a white label and a round silver lid.

Chanel No 5 is one of those perfumes that has universal appeal. I like the Eau Première personally because it has a softer and powdery bouquet which I find charming and elegant. The floral notes are Ylang-Ylang, May Rose and Jasmine, which combined with the unique Aldehydes, and Vanilla create this definitive scent. I always feel good when I wear this, and it is one of my favourites for special occasions. The design of the bottle is minimalist and sophisticated - a slim glass bottle, the name in black and a transparent lid through which you can see the silver pump.

I hope you liked seeing some of my favourite perfumes. I think perfume is such a personal thing and so hopefully, this has given you a bit of an insight into me.
What is your favourite perfume? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know by leaving a comment.
Thank you for reading. Speak soon.

I hope your day is super sweet!
GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. from a distance i honestly though that lace corset was a teddy bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that has honestly made my day! GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete