Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - Five Love Songs That Won't Make You Nauseous.

Hi!!!

As it's Valentine's Day soon, I thought I should write some kind of post. And I thought that one about love songs would be fun to put together, and could be enjoyed by everyone. I am a huge fan of a good love song but I do have very specific requirements for what I like. Therefore, this is a list of the kind of love songs that are beautiful and meaningful, and won't make you do a little sick in your own mouth (lol).



This song is stunning. It's taken from the soundtrack from Submarine, which I personally think is amazing, and this is one of my personal favourite songs from it. There's a beautiful contrast between how delicate most of the music on the track is and then the percussion that guide it. The lyrics are, as we've come to expect from Turner, poetic and yet simple. It has a chilled, almost psychedelic vibe to it, which I'm naturally drawn to. It has both youthful and classic qualities, resulting in something beautiful that you can really fall in love with.

Me and You by Jake Bugg

Me and You is a track from the album Shangri-La. It was supposedly written when Jake was still at school, and while I can't say whether or not this is true, it certainly possesses youthful and innocent qualities. The lyrics are sweet - but not saccharine, it's never saccharine with Jake's lyrics. They are thoughtful. It's a track played on acoustic guitar, which adds to the appeal for me (I'm a massive fan of acoustic guitars), and it's played in a slightly faster, more upbeat way than some of the others. It is one of my favourite songs, not only of Jake's but ever.

If I Had a Gun... by Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

If I Had a Gun is very artistic and poetic. The lyrics are Romantic in all senses of the word - slightly dramatic, captivating and meaningful. Noel's voice is somewhat softer than his brother's but it still has those familiar Mancunian tones which Oasis fans will be fond of. The way Noel sings this is interesting, and makes you listen - for instance, he sings 'up' at the end of a lot of the lines - and I think this is really cool. This song is mainly guitar based, which I again love.

Hey There Delilah by The Plain White T's

Hey There Delilah has been one of my favourite songs for years and years. This is an acoustic guitar piece from the 00s, and the gentle, melodic picking of this tune is memorable and iconic. The lyrics are youthful and romantic and automatically involve the listener. The vocals are soft and simple, which is perfect for this song. It seems a simple piece, but it has many layers, and has come to mean so much to so many people, including me.

Grow Old With Me by Tom Odell

Grow Old With Me is a single from Tom's first album, A Long Way Down, which was awesome. Grow Old With Me is an uplifting song, played on the piano (as all of Tom's songs are). He has a great command of the piano, and you can see that here. Lyrically, the song is hopeful and sweet, with little moments and feelings at the centre of it all. The combination of all these elements, and the power of Tom's voice create a piece that is delicate and pretty and yet packed with power and feeling. 

Thank you for reading.
What are your favourite songs? Do you have anything else you'd like to say, or maybe suggestions for posts you'd like to see? Let me know in the comments.
Happy Valentine's Day, guys. Speak soon.

I hope you have a LOVE-ly day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment