Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - New Music Picks.

Hi!!!

Good afternoon, lovely people. Today I have some new music to share with you. Most of the songs in this post are so new that they have only been released in the last week or so making them hot off the press tracks. There's everything from slow melodic songs to upbeat bops so hopefully you'll find something you like amongst this lot - I certainly like them all a lot.


 Nobody Gets What They Want Anymore by Marlon Williams (with Aldous Harding)

This song is melodic with a vintage, 1950s and 1960s feel to it. The melancholic lyrics pair wonderfully with the soft, rounded vocals, delicate harmonies which provide an air of vulnerability. It also reminds me of those indie movies and short films that have incredible soundtracks as well as great characters and beautiful videography - I'm not sure if that makes much sense to anyone other than me, but if you understand what I mean, then yes, it's that. It is a gorgeous piece and I have decided its compulsory listening for November.

Lemon To A Knife Fight by The Wombats

The newest release from The Wombats has all of the key components of the band's signature sound but a more mature, perhaps slightly more restrained, finish compared to their previous work. The vocals and lyrics are almost conversational and combine realism with quirky wording in a show of how their signature style has developed and improved over the years. I found that musically it reminded me of older tracks like Moving to New York in places, but with a less brash sound and a more dance around than jump around quality. I'm excited to hear what their upcoming new releases are like because this is certainly very promising.

Alright by The Magic Gang

You may remember that back in August I mentioned The Magic Gang to you - in this post - and since then I have been listening to and enjoying more and more of their music. They have become one of my favourite bands of 2017 and 'Alright' is a perfect example of why. This song is rooted in indie rock with electric guitars and layered harmonies ready to elevate the piece. The lyrics are catchy and the overall effect of the music, lyrics and vocals is a cool and unique sound which I cannot stop listening to.

That brings me to the end of this post. I hope you enjoyed reading it and I hope you enjoy listening to these songs this week.
Which is your favourite? Do you have any other comments or perhaps suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment and let me know.
Thanks for reading!

I hope you're having a fantastic day!

GingerSnaps xxx

3 comments:

  1. i always enjoy seeing what you listen to because i am a creeper but also who is naming these bands at lest our name ideas made sense

    ReplyDelete
  2. also it is ironic that i am the one with the art qualification but you can doodle better than me #notbitter #ihighkeyamtho

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoy these posts! I think we have the best band name ideas - nobody else can compete really. And you are fantastic at doodling and drawing even though I enjoyed the hashtags haha. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete