Pages

Saturday 22 February 2014

It's So In Vogue! - Fashion, Supermodels, Models and Fashion Photography - Georgia May Jagger.

Hi!!!


I'd firstly like to apologise for what may have seemed like a miniature blogging hiatus. I've been busy and doing lots of lovely things which I can't wait to share, so have been a bit slack on the blogging front. I knew I'd be busy and considered scheduling some things, and never got round to it. Sorry if you just so happened to miss me - I really hope somebody did!
Anywho, I have another instalment in my Fashion Industry series today. Its another model based post, and I hope that you enjoy it.


I know I don't really need a disclaimer for this, but I know a lot of people have very strong opinions on the fashion industry, and in particular, on models. I think that these ideas are often a misunderstanding of the industry, and the work and dedication involved. The fashion industry is a field I would love to work in, and have a real interest in, and so if you do have strong opinions that may offend anyone, please keep them to yourself. Thank you.


Georgia May Jagger.

Little Miss Georgia May Jagger... 

I really like Georgia May Jagger. She has a very individual look, and whenever I see her work, I can tell it is her within moments.

She has a very unique look. I think an obvious main player in that is the shape of her mouth, as well as the gap in her teeth and the shape of her teeth, (maybe that amazing mouth comes from being a Jagger...). It's really special, and unique to her, and really works so well.


Georgia looks very youthful, and yet not immature. She just always looks so fresh and radiant, which is so pleasing to the eye.


When she's working, Georgia isn't afraid to try something different. Her poses are classic with her own modern twist on them.

In December 2009, she was very rightly (in my opinion) awarded a Model Of The Year Award (beating competition such as Rosie Huntington-Whitely).


Georgia featured in the London 2012 Olympic Closing Ceremony alongside models like Lily Cole (post HERE), Kate Moss and Jourdan Dunn, and is one of the faces of Rimmel London (fronting campaigns for their Stay Matte Foundation among other products).

My personal favourite shoots of hers are "Dream A Little Dream" with Vogue, alongside the shoot she did for the Chanel Pre Autumn/Winter 2010 collection look-book photographed by Karl Lagerfeld himself.


The Final Notes.


I'll leave you with her agency page - she is signed to Tess Management - (HERE).


And her Vogue pages (HERE).


Right, so that's that for today. I hope that you have enjoyed this post, everyone. It's so good to be back in the blogging seat, I miss this gig when I'm not at the computer. 
Did you like this post? What do you think of Georgia May Jagger's work? What do you like about it? Do you have any suggestions for upcoming posts? Let me know in the comments, I'd love to chat to you!
I'll see you soon for some more posts and I hope you didn't miss me too much in my absence... Hehe...

Have an utterly lovely day!

GingerSnaps xxx




.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment