Pages

Monday 12 September 2016

Food Glorious Food! - Food - Places To Eat In Paphos.

Hi!!!

I think today's post will be the last one on Cyprus (for now), because hopefully I'll be able to write some more autumnal posts over the next few weeks, but I really did want to share this. I've gathered together a few food recomendations from my holiday in Paphos, to give you a heads up as to some great places and give a shout out to some awesome restaurants.

 
We went to Paphos Market on one of the days and went to a restaurant that is literally right beside it. I can't remember its name for the life of me and nor can I find it online but they did give us these home-grown figs for free at the end of our meal, and they were gorgeous so I wanted to mention them.
 
For lunch, I'd recommend:
King's CafĂ© at Paphos Harbour. You may well get a seat right by the water which is always nice, and you can see the castle from there. Try the Village Feta Salad.
 
Also, if you stay at the Avanti Village like we did, then I'd recommend:
The Avanti Village Taverna on the Avanti Village Complex - try the Halloumi and Lountza Pitta (it's the best halloumi I had all week!)

 
For evening meals, I'd recommend going to:
Bacchus Restaurant at Paphos Harbour. It has a lovely atmosphere and  great food. Try the Fresh Sea Bass, and the Banana Split.
Viva Cyprus. We were given a box to take the things we couldn't finish in, which was really helpful. Try the Mezze, which is huge, in particular the Moussaka and Stuffed Vine Leaves.
Theo's Restaurant at Paphos Harbour. The view of the sea is great, the staff are friendly and the fish is amazing - try the Fresh Swordfish, and the Banofee Pie.
Don Luigi's Trattoria Pizzeria (shown above). The staff are really friendly and have great banter and they serve delightful Italian food. Try the Pizza Pollo, the Pizza Con-Tutto, the Raspberry Cheesecake and the Tiramisu.
Fiesta Bar and Grill. They serve nice food and if you're staying at the Avanti Village then its super easy to go to. Try the Stifado.
 
 
My golden rules for eating in Paphos are to eat as much Greek/Cypriot Cheese as possible, eat as much fresh fish as possible, try a range of traditional Greek/Cypriot dishes, if there are fresh figs available then get them (as with watermelon and oranges), and finally get your hands on some delicious ice cream.
 
The ice cream above was bought at a shop on Paphos Harbour which I can't remember the name of but the flavours are pistachio and rose. ROSE ICE CREAM! So yeah, just keep your eye out for those flavours along the harbour and get some ice cream.
 
Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading and finding out a little bit more about my holiday.
What kind of restaurants do you like to eat in on holiday? Have you been to Cyprus? Are you as amazed by rose ice cream as I am? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Drop me a line in the comments.
Speak to you all soon.
 
I hope your day is filled with loveliness!
 
 GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments: