Pages

Saturday 31 December 2016

5, 4, 3, 2, 1! - Happy New Year (2017 Edition).

Hi!!!

Last post of the year, then. Can you believe it? I'm not sure I can. Here's the annual look back on 2016, and a message to you all for 2017.


In the eyes of many, 2016 hasn't been the best. I've seen books about how 'bad' it's been, I've heard people talking about all their low points. People talk about the celebrity deaths, Brexit and Trump winning the election as though they make the year an instant write off. I take a few issues with this, one being that just because other people didn't vote for what you voted for, doesn't mean that they are wrong, it just means they don't share your views. But also because I think it's a shame that people are playing down the good times they've had this year to fret about things they can't change. If, however, 2016 has really sucked for you, then I am truly sorry and send lots of good vibes your way.

2016 has had some great moments for me. I went on holiday to Cyprus with my Auntie and my Mom, I went on a tour of the National Theatre. I hit some of my goals in my 'work life', I've danced like crazy with my friends. I've created blog content that I'm really happy with. I've been to gigs. I've been to the theatre. I've cry-laughed and worked hard and read more books. I've spent more time in the cinema than I think I ever have, and I've seen some amazing movies because of that. I've managed to get seats on the bus (yasss). I've spent time with my family and visited London and been for meals with my family and friends. I've been to birthday parties and taken millions of photobooth photos. I got my guitar and I've written stories. I've been able to spend time with family members and friends that I hadn't seen in ages. I've just done loads of cool things and looking back on all these things has really made me smile and has reminded me how lucky I am.
I also feel like 2016 has been a year in which I have learned a lot about myself in so many ways, and I hadn't really realised quite how much until I was thinking about what I'd be writing in this post. Looking back from where I am now, I feel content and I feel proud, which is are lovely things to be.

I hope 2017 is a completely amazing year for you. I hope you and your loved ones enjoy happiness and health, create beautiful memories and love every single second of it. 
Thank you for your continued support for the blog, and I guess also me. Much love to you all.

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve whatever you're doing (and stay safe).
What are your New Year's Resolutions? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment below if you do.
Thanks for reading. See you in the New Year!

Happy New Year!

GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments: