Pages

Saturday 3 December 2016

I've Been Thinking... - Four Of My Favourite Comedy Christmas Specials

Hi!!!

So as it's now officially December (cue excited squeals), I thought it was about time that I got some Christmas content going on over here. So today, I wanted to talk about one of my favourite parts of Christmas - the comedy specials. Here's some from over the years that I think you should watch to get you feeling festive.



The Royle Family, 'The New Sofa'

This one is my all time favourite Royle Family Christmas special ever - and that's saying something as there are loads to choose from. From Denise wanting to be Nigella (we've all been there), to Dave trying to defrost the turkey in insane ways, to the excitement at a reclining sofa, this episode is full of so many laughs that you simply must watch it- what a fabulous festive classic.

Gavin and Stacey, Christmas Special

This is one of the best Christmas specials there is. I think at this point I could quote it backwards, and with good reason, because it is hilarious. It has the incredibly loveable characters we know and love from the show, and they all get a turn in this one. Expect lots of loud singing, talk of tea towels, a bit of a fight, some side splittingly awkward moments and those iconic gift wrapped Celebrations chocolates.

Miranda, 'The Perfect Christmas'

Miranda is a ridiculously funny show all year round, but something about this Christmas special tops it all. One thing everyone loves about Miranda is how relatable it is and that doesn't change at Christmas - Miranda misses the delivery of her parcels full of presents, she tries to have Christmas at her house but her friends cause chaos and some fantastic Christmas jumpers are worn. All round festive fun with the potential to make you cry-laugh.

The Vicar of Dibley, 'The Christmas Lunch Incident'

I've seen this one loads of times now, and it never stops making me laugh. What happens when you say you'll go to three christmas lunches? This episode shows you. With laughs galore, Dawn French as the fabulous Geraldine, advent calenders, jokes from Christmas crackers and some of the best one liners that the character Alice was ever given, this is a must watch before the big day.

All of these Christmas specials are available on the TV Channel ChristmasGOLD (Sky Channel 110, BT Channel 310, Virgin Channel 124 and TalkTalk Channel 310), and are available as part of series box sets. Some are also available on streaming services, like Netflix and SkyGo so do be sure to try a quick search there too.

Thanks for joining me today, I hope you liked this post.
What is your favourite Christmas special? Do you have any comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know by leaving a comment. 
Go forth and watch TV.

I hope your day is full of laughter.

GingerSnaps xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment