Pages

Tuesday 3 December 2013

Makeup Your Mind - Makeup and Beauty Inspiration and Tips - Festive Day Makeup

Hi!!!

How are we all today, guys? It's December now, which means it's Christmas time now. Christmas time is my favourite time of the year. I like to try and make everything special, and that includes my makeup. I want to share some of my tips and tricks for festive daytime makeup.

(These ideas are just that - ideas. If these ideas don't suit you, I do apologise, but at the same time, they are just things I like to do. Please be nice about what I say. I am very passionate about makeup.)

If I feel like it, I pop on some primer and foundation. I don't do this everyday, but I do always use concealer. I use Nars Pore Refining Primer (HERE), either Nars Sheer Glow Foundation (HERE)- find my review (HERE) - or No7 Instant Radiance Foundation (HERE), which I had match made. At the moment, I'm still using Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (HERE), but want to switch to something more moisturising, as its becoming too dry now its Winter.

Obviously, red lipstick is an item of makeup most people associate with the festive season. I, however, don't have the energy to keep up lip liner, lipstick etc. unless I'm going out, out (Mickey Flanagan fans?). Therefore, I like to choose something which has more of a balm texture, as it is more comfortable for the day, and is easier to maintain.
 I recently bought a Rimmel Lasting Finish Colour Rush Balm, in the colour The Redder, The Better (HERE). So far, I like this product but when I've used it some more, I'll review it. It does work as a balm nicely, smells like vanilla and, considering it's a balm texture, it lasts well.
 
I find that a brown eye goes nicely with a red lip, but I like to keep it soft and pretty during the day, rather than packing it on to a highly intense pigment.
One of my favourite palettes is the Sleek iDivine Ultra Mattes V2 "Darks" Palette, (HERE). When you get these palettes, the cellophane sheet over the shadows has the names of the colours on it. If you keep this, I use "Paperbag" or the brown shade, all over the lid, blending it loads into a very soft brown, yet still layering it for staying power (does that make sense? - apply, blend, repeat, repeat, repeat. Yeah?). Then I use either "Pillow Talk" or "Dune", to highlight the inner corner and under the brown bone.
Then it's lashing of mascara on my top and bottom lashes.
 
From there, I tend to add some blusher - usually a peachy/pale coral shade, as I find some pink blusher worn with red lipstick can be a bit much.
I don't really have too much of a preference. I will recommend Sleek Blushers to you though - they have a great formula and colour range.
 
I also powder over my skin with my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (HERE) - best thing ever!
 
I use Real Techniques brushes for application. They are utterly amazing! Find their Boots page  (HERE).
 
So, I hope you enjoyed that. It's a different kind of post for me, and pictures probably would have helped, but hey ho! Anyway, I hope that's been helpful or has inspired you to get a bit festive with yo faces!
 
Have a glamorous day! 

GingerSnaps xxx


2 comments:

  1. *Nervously raises hand* I got the Mickey Flanagan reference!! hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!! I thought you might. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete