Pages

Friday 3 January 2014

Food Glorious Food! - Restaurant Review - The Botanist, Leeds.

Hi!!!

I haven't done a resturant review in absolute donkeys. I do, however, love food, and eating out so I think a review is in order.

The first weekend in December, my Mom, my Nan, and me went to Leeds. We stayed with my Auntie, and had a brilliant time. On the Saturday, we went out shopping and the like and obviously had to stop for lunch. My Auntie recommended The Botanist, which is physically underneath the Trinity Centre.
 
 
Looks and Appearance.
 
 

 
 
I'm sure you can understand what I mean about it being underneath the Trinity Centre from the last photo in this section. It's down a little set of steps. There is outdoor seating, and there are some rather efficient heaters out there, so you should be OK. We however went inside.
The interior of The Botanist is something else, it really is, or at least I think so. It is very inviting and welcoming. It has a rustic, indie kind of charm, which really appeals to me, and there are some really innovative uses of space and unique decorative features, like a chandelier made from different glasses, cups, ect. That chandelier happens to be the one thing I didn't get a picture of. There were also lots of random little features, which made everything feel as though it was collected over time by someone, and they had no idea where to put it, so put it wherever they thought it looked good.
 
The Food.
 

 
We'd been out and about all day and had meal plans for the evening so decided that it would be best to just have some "nibble-y" type foods. We noticed the Deli Boards, and decided to give them a go. The idea is that you choose four things from any parts of the list to make up your board.
 
 
My Mom and I chose to share a board. We selected some Parma Ham, which was really tasty and had little to no fat on it. We had some Lancashire Cheese, which had strong flavouring and a great texture. The Roast Chicken was chicken, really, although it was very nice and complemented the rest of the platter dishes. The Home-dried Tomatoes were rich and luxurious but not oily or greasy as some dried tomatoes can be.
 
We also ordered some Properly Seasoned Chips - that is what they are actually called, its not just me commenting early. They were actually very nicely seasoned, so I didn't have to do anything.
 
The Final Summary.
 
I really enjoyed visiting The Botanist, and would happily return. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. The staff were helpful and friendly, and I enjoyed the food. I'd advise you to check it out, if you are ever in Leeds.
 
The Final Words.
 
The Botanist have a website (HERE).
 
 
So, that's all for today then folks. I hope you enjoyed the review, I know I haven't done one like this in a really long time, but I do have a bunch lined up, so fear not dear Foodies. Have you been to The Botanist? Are you interested in going? Let me know your thoughts.
 
Have a really good day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx
 

 
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment