Pages

Saturday 11 January 2014

Food Glorious Food! - Restaurant Review - Viva, Leeds.

Hi!!!

Woah there, another restaurant review? What on earth is happening?

This one is another one from my trip to Leeds, which was the first weekend in December. This was actually on the same day as when we went to The Botanist (post HERE). We went in the evening, and it was great to go out and eat some good food. As far as a lot of people are concerned, Viva is the best. Its on Bridge End, and that's as central as you can really get.


 
Looks and Appearance.
 

 
I didn't actually get that many pictures inside the restaurant. We were too busy chatting and eating, and the restaurant was fairly busy with people who had made reservations so I didn't want to be taking pictures with unsuspecting people's faces in them - especially not when they were eating. The interior was unique and inviting with a personal feel. There was also a very, as stupid as it sounds, Italian feel to it. It was a very homely place in general, and the minute you walk through the door it feels like walking into a friend's house or a family member's house, it has such an atmosphere.
There are loads of paintings and pictures everywhere, and every table has roses in a glass vase.
The little touches are what make this restaurant special.
 
The Food.


We began with a flatbread type thing - I'm really sorry that I don't know specifically what it was, but it was just brought out to us, we didn't order it. Despite my illiteracy there, whatever it was, it was really tasty and very light. It had a very Mediterranean flavouring, and I'm glad we had it.

 
I ordered Spaghetti alla Carbonara. Carbonara is one of my favourite dishes of all time. This was a really good Carbonara. It had lovely flavours and textures, and it wasn't too rich or sickly as some Carbonara's can be. It was comfort food made at an excellent quality. I highly recommend you try this if you go.
 
 
 
We ordered dessert to share between us all, however I will admit I was the one who ate the most of them.
We selected the Homemade Tiramisu, and it was beautiful. It was well presented and the textures and flavours were great.
As if we hadn't eaten enough, we also ordered a Homemade Crème Brulee. It was a perfect texture - not sloppy, just right. The flavouring was great and it was rich yet light.
 

When we paid the bill, they gave us all Dark Chocolate Truffles, which was a nice touch.

The Final Summary.

Visiting Viva was great, and I would happily go back there for dinner. There was a welcoming atmosphere, and the service was great with dishes altered to suit us, and all dishes made fresh. The staff made us feel like family and were very helpful.

The Final Words.

Viva have a website (HERE).

I hope that this post was enjoyable for you. Have you been to Viva? Would you like to go? If you have any restaurant recommendations for me, let me know. Also, if you have any ideas for upcoming posts, then tell me.

I hope that you have a nice day!

GingerSnaps xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment