Pages

Monday 2 June 2014

So, To Sum It All Up - May Summary.

Hi!!!

How are all you lovely people? I hope you are all well. I can't believe that it is June already! Honestly, I was writing the title for this post and wrote "April Summary" instead of "May Summary".

I would also like to just say a quick apology for my lack of blog posts in May. It is something I am sorry for, and I hope that you guys don't mind me taking a little break once in a while.

Onwards with el summary, then...

Retail Therapy...

This month, I created a wants/wish list of beauty products I had my eye on, and have picked up one or two bits from the list. It was nice for me to piece together some ideas, and organise the kinds of things I've been/will be looking for recently in the shops.

Also during this month, I took some time out to appreciate the kinds of adverts that are on telly at the moment. Sometimes, I think its easy to forget how hard people work in advertising and how much of an excellent standard there is in adverts.

Find a post (HERE) on my current wishes/wants.

Find the post that I wrote about the recent John Lewis advert over (HERE).

The Chelsea Flower Show.

The RHS Chelsea Flower Show happened in May and I honestly thought that it was brilliant this year.

The show gardens were really quite beautiful, the flowers/plants/vegetables/fruits/various other things in the Great Pavilion were interesting and everything else about it was superb.

My Auntie S and my Nan went to visit the show, and another one of my Aunties went along too. They all really enjoyed themselves - obviously - and their various stories/photos from it were lovely to see.

I'd like to, as an admirer of all things RHS-ish, a massive well done to everyone involved in the show this year, it was awesome.

To see my post on the Chelsea Flower Show, head on over (HERE).

Look out for/search for the interview with the Reverend William McMillan, he's one of the best people in the floral world, and the interview was brill. Do a YouTube search if you missed it.

Spending Time In London.

I went into London last Tuesday, with my Mom (who is the "we" that I reference here and in the review), to go and see Quietly, a play by Owen McCafferty at the Soho Theatre - my review is going up tomorrow, so be sure to check it out!!!

We spent the afternoon eating cupcakes, shopping and then chilling in the bar of the theatre. We had a lovely time - despite the drizzle - and the play was great.

My review of Quietly will be posted tomorrow, Tuesday 3rd June.

Family Time.

During May, I enjoyed a Sunday Roast with nearly all the family, a trip to soft play with my little cousins and lots of chatting/play time with them, and time, as mentioned above, with my Mom.

Its always really nice to have some real, good family time and it makes me very happy.

We've also seen family friends this month, and its lovely to be able to catch up.

My Favourite Blog Posts Of May.

(In no particular order, as per...)

"Music" and "Sometimes It's OK To Rant" on Chronicles Of The Red Herring, (HERE).

Both of the posts Elf Girl posted on Chronicles Of The Red Herring this month were interesting and overall just very good. They were lovely weekend reads and you should have a look.

"Just Bobbing Along" on A Rosie Outlook, (HERE).

I think you should look at all of Rosie's posts from May, as they were all very good, however this was one of my top posts.
I liked the catch-up, relaxed feel of the post, and the photography here is gorgeous. I also liked the honesty of the post, and the way it encouraged me to take more time to relax/to stress less.

"Something Sweet" on Charlotte's Web, (HERE).

I favoured this post for its content, its "Tinder based humour" and of course, how sweet and adorable parts of this post were.
It put a big smile on my face when I read it.

"Lovely Little Things" on Little Winter, (HERE).

You guys know I love "little things" and always try to take some time to consider them. I liked this post because it highlighted some little things that make people happy and this post in general made me grin.

"The Woods Are Lovely, Dark and Deep" on Made Up of Little Things, (HERE).

This post was wonderful. The references to poetry, the many great photographs and the blissful theme made this post for me. I also love to here about other people's happy places, maybe one of Rachael's favourite spots (which she talked about in said post) could become one of mine. Must visit.

And that's everything, all finished for today. Sorry this is a day later than usual, I was really busy yesterday and didn't really look at my computer. I hope you've enjoyed.
Did you like this post? What do you think of what I got up to? What did you get up to in May? What were your favourite blog posts of May? Any comments or suggestions? Let me know in the comments.
I'll speak to you tomorrow - when my Quietly review will be up.

Have a totally fabulous day!

GingerSnaps xxx






No comments:

Post a Comment