Pages

Wednesday 5 November 2014

So, To Sum It All Up - October Summary.

Hi!!!

Welcome to my October Summary. I am aware it is a few days behind where it would usually be but I have been very busy! I know its no excuse, but I think that maybe it might be OK? Anyway, lets get on with this shiz.


Travelling!

During October I was travelling in Normandy for around 4 days non-stop and then came home and went to London nearly straight away!

Being in Normandy, especially in the year of numerous war anniversaries, to see cemeteries, a number of D-Day Landings museums and activities and spending time with a bunch of awesome people was really a very memorable, special and enjoyable experience.
 I was exhausted when I got home as we began our travel very, very early in the morning and basically did not stop until we got home very, very late after 4 days but it was so truly worth it.

While in London, I spent time with my brilliant family and went to see the beautiful poppy installation at the Tower of London. I had a great time and I really enjoyed myself. It was very relaxing and my sleep was "repaired".


Getting a New Follower on BlogLovin'!

I hadn't checked my BlogLovin' or my emails in quite some time and when I did the other day, I got the delightful surprise of a new follower! I now have 3 followers, which may not seem like many in comparison to some other blogs, but you have no idea how much it means to me.

Thanks to everyone who follows my blog on Blogger, BlogLovin' and everyone else who reads this blog. I hope you enjoy it.

You can follow my blog on BlogLovin' using the button on the right hand side.

Watching Charity Telethons.

I love a good charity telethon and I view it as a very easy and enjoyable way of helping out some amazing causes.

Stand Up to Cancer was on Channel 4 during October and I was watching, laughing and occasionally crying at the stories shown. It was a great night of telly and it is such a good cause to support.

To see a post about Stand Up to Cancer, mosey on over (HERE).

Appreciating a Bit of Advertising.

You guys know I love a good advert and October produced some pretty good adverts.


One of my personal favourites was the SSE advert featuring the orangutan discovering all of the beautiful things energy can do.
It was innovative, interesting and very wonderfully done.


To see a post I wrote about this advert, see (THIS).


Halloween Fun-Times.


Halloween, as I always say, is not just about creepy, spooky things. To me, it is about having fun with friends, dressing up and being silly.

This year, I spent time with the fabulous Elf Girl and some of her family, watched movies and ate too chicken and popcorn and really enjoyed myself.


To see a post about Halloween, click (HERE).


To find Elf Girl, click (HERE).


Nearly Completely Moving House.


We are finally super close to moving, with the final stages in motion and it is exciting. We are looking forward to moving in and enjoying our new home at last.


I will update you when we have made our official move and will possibly provide more updates as we enter the final stages of the move.


To see the most recent post I did on moving, see (HERE).


My Favourite Blog Posts From October.


"A weekend in the Cotswolds" on A Rosie Outlook, (HERE).


I really like places like the Cotswolds, and I love spending weekends and short breaks like this - big, long walks, pub lunches/dinners and cosy evenings - and loved Rosie's friend's home.


An enjoyable read, indeed.


"Berlin" on Charlotte's Web, (HERE).


This post included brilliant photography of the beautiful city of Berlin and a couple of very cool insights into some of the best things going on there, as well as Charlotte's personality.

A cool, wanderlust-y post.


"We liked: The Start of Autumn" on Little Winter, (HERE).


I really liked the simplicity of this post and the warmth that it gave me reading it. I too enjoy cosy evenings and trashy TV, which made this post relatable.

A nice lifestyle post which will make you want to drink hot chocolate.


"Love in Unexpected Places" on The London Project, (HERE).


This post is charming and incredibly sweet. I am a complete sucker for things like this and found this post a bit great, really.


A quirky, cute post worth a view.


See also "Postman's Park".


"5 Minutes With... Dawn O'Porter" on What Olivia Did, (HERE).


I love reading interviews and this was a quick, interesting read with lots of talk about all thing vintage and fashion.

A fun interview with a lot of Sixties moments.


So, I hope you enjoyed this post everyone. I thought October was a pretty ace month and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.
What were your favourite parts of October? What did you think of what I got up to? Did you enjoy the posts I recommended? Any thoughts about this or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments. 
See you guys soon....

Have a completely great day!

GingerSnaps xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment