Pages

Saturday 27 August 2016

The Bare Necessities - Essentials - My Carry On Essentials.

Hi!!!

I don't know about you guys but when I'm going on holiday (even if its weeks away), I'll be looking at packing lists, airport outfits and carry on essentials posts on the blogosphere. These are my own carry on essentials - I'm talking short haul today, because I have no experience of twenty hour flights. Let's roll.



Passport, Boarding Pass, Phone and Purse. These are the real essentials for your flight so pack these first, preferably in a little side pocket in your bag (if there is one...) so that you can find them easily and you don't have a mini did-I-leave-it-at-home heart attack.
 
Camera. I like to keep my camera in my hand luggage so that I know where it is and that it isn't going to get damaged in transit (or, you know, when its taken on and off the plane...). If you have a little case for it, then pop it in that. Having it in my hand luggage also means that, should I want to use it when at the airport or when I arrive, I have it to hand. Obviously it isn't in the photos because I was using it.
 
Sunglasses. I keep my sunglasses in my bag for multiple reasons. One is the good old 'don't want them to get damaged in transit' thing. Another is that, if I want/need them on the plane for any reason, then I have them handy. Finally, I might need them when I arrive (obvs this is dependant on the time of year and where I'm going). Mine will be in their plastic case.
 
Books and magazines. As much as staring out the window is my favourite thing to do on a plane journey, sometimes you want some other options. Bring a book for longer flights or a bunch of magazines for longer and shorter flights.
 
Tissues. They're just handy to have and even if you don't need them, someone else might. Buy a little packet and pop them in amongst the rest of your things.
 
Lip balm and hand cream. While I love plane journeys, I do sometimes notice it can leave my skin a bit dry. I like to bring hand cream as this keeps me feeling fresh and lip balm to keep my lips from drying. Pop them in one of those little clear bags and make sure they're under 100ml.

Pocket Size Sun Cream. This is somewhat dependant on where I'm going but if I'm going to somewhere sunny, then I like to bring this with me. Nivea do pocket size sun lotions which are less than 50ml, so you can bring these on the plane in your clear bag. You can then pop some on when you arrive at your destination - that way, you won't start your break with lobster red skin.

Sweets. I like to have some with me because they help to stop my ears popping (*shudders*) and also because I like sweets. I get them at the airport once I'm through security at WHSmith or something.

Water. You can bring water on a plane if you buy it at the airport, just to let you know (because I didn't until recently). I don't bring a bottle of water on shorter flights - I just get a cup of tea from the trolley - but on a longer flight, it's good to have the option. Dehydration at 30,000ft is not the one.

So, those are my carry on essentials. Hope you're enjoying the 'holiday-y' content.
What do you bring in your carry on? Do you have any recommendations for other things I could take? Do you have any suggestions for future posts or any other comments? Feel free to leave a comment.
Thanks for reading. 

Have a sunny day! 
 
GingerSnaps xxx


2 comments: