Pages

Sunday 14 August 2016

I've Been Thinking - The Superhumans.

Hi!!!

As I'm sure you all know, the Olympics is currently taking place in Rio and the Paralympics are approaching. Channel 4 are providing the Paralympics coverage this year and they have obviously been advertising this.



The 'We're The Superhumans' advert is inspirational. It features Paralympics athletes as well as a variety of other people with disabilities. Multiple disabilities are shown in the advert.
Everyone in it is shown to be strong and capable of doing whatever they want to - be it sports or brushing their teeth or playing piano and so on.
The song, 'Yes I Can', and band that feature complement the feeling so well. They provide a powerful soundtrack to the actions of the people in the ad.
The first time I saw this ad on TV, I teared up. It was just so moving to see such a broad range of people given a chance to showcase their capabilities to the masses and celebrate each other.
There is a point in the ad when it cuts to a clip of a young man in a wheelchair being told "No, you can't". The next clip is of the same guy yelling "Yes, I can!" while playing basketball. It's heart warming and that is the best way to explain the sentiment this advert carries.
I wanted to share it with you because I want as many people as possible to see it and be inspired by it.
 
You can see it here.
 
I hope you enjoyed the post and enjoy the advert.
What do you think of the advert? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Talk to me in the comments section.
Thanks for reading!
 
Have a super day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment