Pages

Friday 7 March 2014

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do! - Music - Songs That Are Stuck In My Head.

Hi!!!


How are you are all today? I haven't posted all week, which I am very sorry for. I have so many posts that I have started up but I just didn't know how to continue. So, I haven't. But today, I decided to do a simple post which I can just write...




You know when you get songs stuck in your head? If you don't, then.... what? Anyway, some are good songs, some are bad songs. Todays selection are good songs, in my opinion, and they will give you a bit more insight into my taste in music.


Riptide by Vance Joy, (HERE).

This song is addictive, sounds lovely and is a new addition to my endless favourites list. It is such a refreshing change to hear something like this on the radio, as I find dance tracks are always favoured. This is a nice addition to my journey home everyday, & my ears like it muchly lots. I hope you like it too.




Cannonball by Damien Rice, (HERE).


 I grew up with this song at summer barbeques in Northern Ireland, but I was used to a family friend singing it for years. I have listened to the original a million times now, and I have found myself singing it round the house a lot lately. The lyrics & music are amazing. I know some X Factor band did a cover of this years ago, but I really didn't like it, so pay not attention, original all the way!


Best Day Of My Life, by American Authors, (HERE).


I like this song. It has a very uplifting kind of feel, and since it is getting a fair amount of airtime at the moment on the radio and TV, it sticks to you. It all blends really well together and if you sing bits and pieces from this in your head and they don't quite go together it doesn't matter. It is a really good song and I'm pleased that I have stumbled upon it.


She Will Stay Beneath The Moon, by Adam Barnes, (HERE).


This one is a lovely one. I rediscovered this recently and I really like it. Its catchy, the music and lyrics are really cool and I just think it is so peaceful. It is a pleasure to listen to, it really is, and you will find yourself singing along without a care in the world.

Side note: I used to know a kid called Adam Barnes (not this one), and sat next to him in History at school for a year... Its weird.


The Airplane Song, by Scouting For Girls, (HERE).

Another "vintage" beauty here. I love SFG so very, very much and I listened to their first album constantly for pretty much a year when it came out. I played this recently after finding the CD again, as I remembered how good it was, and I wasn't wrong. I have sung this at the top of my voice here, there and everywhere, and I have fallen for this song all over again. I don't believe it was ever released off the album like She's So Lovely etc., so I don't think there is a video. But no matter, take a listen anyway.


That is absolutely all for today. It feels so good to be back in the blogging seat and I hope that you have enjoyed this post.
What songs are in your head today? Do you like any of the songs I have mentioned here? Do you have any suggestions for posts you want to see? Let me know in the comments.
OK then, tis all. Look out for my new posts, you might well see some fresh ideas that I have been thinking about on your screens.

Have an amazingly good day!

GingerSnaps xxx










4 comments:

  1. i have still got bohemian rhapsody stuck in my head :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, its your own fault for singing it the whole way home!!! GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete