Pages

Saturday 9 December 2017

All Things Bright and Beauty-Ful - Beauty Reviews - Festive Nail Polish Picks.

Hi!!

It's Blogmas Day Nine and I'm going to do that really annoying thing and ask - how are we already at Day Nine? Today's post is a beauty related one. I always say that one of my favourite easy ways to feel festive is to paint my nails in a super Christmassy fashion and today I wanted to share my favourite products for doing so.


For most beauty-lovers, Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without red nail polish and I must say I agree. Maybelline Colour Show nail polish in the shade Downtown Red has been my go-to red nail polish for ages now. It's a slightly darker, wine-like red than a bright cherry red but I really like it because it's really wearable and it has quite a winter-y feel to it. It lasts well and I can usually get a good few days out of it before it starts to look a little worse-for-wear.
If you're looking for something different but still very festive, then I'd recommend a forest green shade like this Barry M's Gelly High Shine polish - the one in the photo is the shade Watermelon but I can't find it online so I've linked the very similar shade Black Pistachio. It's the darkest shade of all the products I'm showing you today and as such it makes an amazing base for glitter polishes and also looks very sophisticated when worn alone, making it ideal to wear to any slightly more formal or fancy Christmas parties. This one also has a fair amount of staying power, which is a big plus.
From the darkest shade of the bunch to the lightest, next up is a clean, crisp, white shade, like Rimmel's 60 High Shine polish in White Hot Love (I adore Rimmel nail polishes, they are amazing, they last so, so well and have great pigmentation). I love white nail polish, I think it looks so effortlessly cool and it's perfect for Christmas-time because I'm sure all of us dream of a White Christmas (and if you don't, then you're wrong and you should). It's also a versatile choice that will look good with nearly all of your outfits and makeup looks so if you've got lots of plans that are all polar opposites (haha) to each other, then this could be a good choice for you.
  
My current favourite way to jazz up a manicure is to paint each of my nails a different colour - wearing the red, green and white on alternate nails and I absolutely love it - it looks really cool and super pretty and a little bit different.
Thanks for reading Blogmas Day Nine!
What are your favourite nail polishes to wear at this time of year? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed today's post!
Have a beautiful day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment