Pages

Saturday 16 December 2017

Makeup Your Mind - Makeup and Beauty Inspiration and Tips - Festive Makeup Menu.

Hi!!!

Blogmas Day Sixteen is one for the makeup fans - or for those trying to buy Christmas presents for the makeup fans (I get it, navigating beauty counters isn't as easy as it looks). Hopefully, whoever you are, you'll find some inspiration from this Christmas Makeup Menu, be it for creating new looks, buying gifts or treating yourself. There's a mix of high-end and high-street products, so there's something for everybody.


FACE:

Rimmel London Match Perfection Fix & Perfect Primer, £6.99

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation £30

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer £3.99

Sleek Blush in Rose Gold £4.99

Rimmel Match Perfection Powder, £6.99

Collection Glam Crystals Glitter Eyeliner £2.99

Urban Decay Chill Setting Spray £23.50 (currently reduced to £18.80)

These are, in many ways, the staple products in my collection. I don't always wear a full face of primer, foundation, etc. but when I do, I use all of these products. The foundation is amazing and is medium coverage (however it is buildable) so it's a good bet for most people. I swear by Collection concealers and Rimmel powders, and even when I'm not wearing the rest of the products, I will probably still be wearing those. The Sleek Blush is a great budget dupe for Nars' bestselling blush and it is really highly pigmented. I couldn't possibly post a Christmas makeup menu without encouraging you to wear glitter on as much of your face as is humanly possible. I love wearing glitter in the same way I'd wear a highlight - on the highpoints of my face - but I also love the glam rock inspired way of wearing it under the eyes (and I will sure as Santa's beard is white be sporting that look throughout December). I've recommended some glitter eyeliners which I'll elaborate on in the 'eyes' section but, in short, I think they're amazing. I also wanted to mention, for those looking for a more chunky glitter, that I've heard wonderful things about the glitters from The Gypsy Shrine (I haven't tried them so they aren't in the big official list but I certainly wouldn't mind finding some under the tree!). The setting spray boasts temperature control qualities and it does make a difference to how long my makeup lasts.

EYES:

Rimmel Undercover Eyeshadow Primer £4.99

Lancome Doll Eyes Eyeshadow Palette, £39.50

Sleek Eyeshadow Palette, £8.99

Maybelline 24 Hour Colour Tattoo Cream Eyeshadow, £5.99

Lancôme Doll Eyes Hypnose Mascara £24.50

Collection Glam Crystals Glitter Eyeliner £2.99

There are so many options for eye makeup that I have decided to stick to what I get the most wear out of.
There's more glitter - I advocate wearing glitter all year round, everyday if possible, and so of course I have squeezed more glitter onto this makeup menu. I swear by glitter eyeliners for making sure your glitter lasts and stays exactly where you want it to and Collection offer a great colour range and great quality glitter liners at a very reasonable price. There's also my all time favourite mascara, Lancôme Doll Eyes Hypnose, which would make a wonderful present for someone if you have a bit more to spend. It's formula is wonderful and it really is black (win). I've included Rimmel's eyeshadow primer because you hardly want your eyeshadow to melt off your face on Christmas Day. I'm also going to recommend two great eyeshadow pallettes. One is from Lancôme - it is their Hypnose Doll Eyes palette and it is gorgeous. The colours are well pigmented, the formulas are really lovely to work with and are buildable and if you're looking to create a more natural, neutral but enhanced and maybe smokey eye, I'd highly recommend this (maybe one to put on your Christmas list?). The other is a bit of a cheat but anything from Sleek - their mattes palette is amazing for creating more neutral looks and their brights are simply wonderful. Sleek offer great products with great colour selections, especially for the price. If cream eyeshadows are more your thing, or you're looking for a good coloured base for your powder eyeshadow, then check out the Maybelline Colour Tattoos (great value, last for ages as a product, last for ages on the face and are great for when you don' have loads of time or tools available to you).
LIPS:
Lipstick is my favourite and so I could have listed at least ten different ones in every colour of the rainbow. I've picked out my all time favourite red lipstick, which you'll have spotted me writing about before if you've been here for a while, because I know December is truly a time for red lipstick to shine. MAC's Ladybug is a lovely blue-toned red in a lustre texture. It's comfortable to wear, has a great finish and is my idea of the ultimate red shade. I've also picked out Max Factor's Colour Elixir Lipstick in the shade Pink Brandy because I have worn it so much this year. It is a great formula and the colour is amazing - it's a peachy pink which is super wearable but doesn't just blend and become my normal lip colour, if that makes sense? You can tell I'm wearing lipstick and you can tell it's a lovely colour but it's on the more natural colour spectrum. It's definitely one of my favourites that is available on the high street. One bold lip, one more natural. One high end product, one high street product. I think I've handled this category well.

I hope you enjoyed this post and found it useful.
What are your favourite makeup products to wear at Christmas? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment to let me know.
Thanks for reading.

I hope you have a beautiful day!

GingerSnaps xxx



2 comments:

  1. freaking amazing photo layout. (loving my gifts little appearance also)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And those brushes had to make an appearance - they are so pretty, they deserve to be photographed. Thanks for buying them for me. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete