Pages

Saturday 2 December 2017

Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do - Music - My Top Christmas Compilation Album.

Hi!!!

Welcome to Blogmas Day 2! Today I wanted to talk all things music and in particular Christmas music, now that it is finally acceptable for me to blast it at top volume throughout the house. I'm going to tell you about a wonderful Christmas compilation album that has become a staple of the festive season for me and might for you, too.


I bought this album last December because I decided the drive to visit some of my family - which takes a couple of hours - definitely required some guaranteed Christmas tunes (I always struggle to find the Christmas radio stations and then when I do I'm normally just in time for the adverts - not ideal).

Now (That's What I Call) Christmas is a three disc compilation album and I think it has everything you could want at Christmas - pop songs, nostalgic sing-a-long classics, traditional songs and carols and jazz.

I would say Disc One has more of a pop sing-a-long vibe, kicking off with Mariah Carey's 'All I Want For Christmas Is You', moving through 70s and 80s Christmas essentials from the likes of Wizzard, Slade and Jona Lewie as well as some more recent instant classics from Kelly Clarkson, Leona Lewis, Coldplay and more.

Disc Two is where most of those wonderful timeless jazz tracks are - think Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Nat King Cole singing songs like 'Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas' and 'The Christmas Song'  - as well as some slightly more upbeat songs from the likes of Darlene Love and The Jackson 5.

I'd describe the overall feeling of CD Three as traditional and focussed on what Christmas means to people. It features a variety of traditional songs like 'Silent Night' (performed by Nat King Cole, which is, quite frankly, the stuff of dreams), 'Silver Bells' and 'In The Bleak Mid Winter'. It also features some less traditional - but just as meaningful - songs like 'Happy Xmas (War Is Over)', 'Do They Know It's Christmas?' and 'The Power of Love' which are three of my favourites.

I think it is clear that the main reason I recommend 'Now (That's What I Call) Christmas' so highly - it has something for every mood, every festive occasion and for every taste. That and the fact that it is actually full of songs that you'll know - sometimes compilations end up with all sorts of odd songs on them that act like a weird sort of filler but not this one (except for maybe 'Senor Santa Claus'?).

At £11.99 for three discs and over 70 songs, I think it is an absolute bargin and the perfect album to treat yourself (and maybe your Christmas/music loving family and friends) to this Christmas.

You can buy it -here-.

Thanks for reading.
Do you have any Christmassy album reccomendations for me? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment below to tell me.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. See you tomorrow.

I hope you have a cracker of a day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment