Pages

Tuesday 19 December 2017

All Things Bright and Beauty-ful - Beauty Reviews - A Christmas Pamper Routine.

Hi!!!

It's Blogmas Day Nineteen and today I have a little Christmas pamper routine to share with you. You might want to save this for when you get home on Friday night, you might want to save it for Christmas Eve - there is nothing more dreamy than a pre-Christmas pamper that makes you feel like a sparkly star on Christmas Day. But also, you might want to take some time this evening, especially if 5pm on Friday seems a million miles away and you want to give yourself that sparkly feeling to get you ready for the home stretch to Christmas. Whenever you find time to do this, I would definitely recommend taking some time for yourself. Without further ado, here's what I recommend.


This is a pretty straightforward pamper routine, and it doesn't take up twelve hours of your time, which I like. This is my go-to at the moment, but sometimes I'm all about the long baths and Lush bath bombs so feel free to add to it or change things if you want. The above photo is sadly not from my bathroom but was taken at Chatsworth last year - it was a room based on the theme of the Sugar Plum Fairy's dressing room, and I think this festive pamper routine is one the Sugar Plum Fairy would be very happy with so I had to include it.



Before I get in the shower, I wash my face with my Aloe Calming Foaming Wash from The Body Shop. I don't wear makeup everyday, but if I do happen to be wearing it then I take it off using The Body Shop's Camomile Gentle Eye Makeup Remover (if you're into cleansing balms or oils, there are also a few of those in the range). I remove my makeup with it, then wash it off with warm water and then I go back in with my Face Wash to get rid of any last dregs of makeup.

 
Then I'll hop into the shower. I use (and love) Herbal Essences Classic Silk n Shine Shampoo and Conditioner to wash my hair.


 Then, since it's Christmas, some festive body care products are in order. I'm using Lush's classic Snow Fairy Shower Gel. It has such a dreamy scent - it's super sweet, which it's bubblegum pink colour might suggest, and it definitely makes me feel like an actual fairy princess who lives in a castle made of candyfloss, so that's nice. If sugary smells aren't your thing, then check out Lord of Misrule, another one of my favourites from Lush's Christmas range which has a more earthy scent, and Vanilla Chai Shower Gel from The Body Shop which is one for those who like spicy, warmer fragrances. The shower gel featured is in a plastic bottle but Lush also make a 'naked' version of this shower gel (available here) which does the same job but without the plastic packaging and I would highly recommend checking that out and reducing your plastic consumption without sacrificing that sugary goodness.

 
To go with my shower gel, I have the Snow Fairy Body Conditioner (this is also available in a 'naked', plastic free version - here - yay and a million points to Lush for caring about the planet). This product works like a hair conditioner - you apply it to your skin in the shower (so while it's still damp), leave it for a few minutes so it can soak in, and then you wash it off. It does feel a bit weird if you're used to using typical body butters but it's a lovely product and concept and means you can just get straight into your pyjamas and get on with your evening.
 
 
I'd then paint my nails - to see my product recomendations, click here - and then either listen to some music, watch a Christmas film or read a book (but I'll definitely be drinking hot chocolate, no matter what).


Thanks for reading today's Blogmas post - I hope you find it useful. I also really hope you like the photos as much as I do.
What are your night in essentials at this time of year? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Let me know in the comments.
I hope you enjoyed today's post. I'll speak to you all tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day!

GingerSnaps xxx 

2 comments:

  1. What is that holographic film paper and where can I get 10,0000 of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it so pretty?! I think it was off an Etsy order but I'm not sure where to get more - otherwise I would also get 10,0000 of them haha. Thanks for reading. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete