Pages

Sunday 10 December 2017

I've Been Thinking... - 25 (Festive) Facts About Me.

Hi!!!

This is one of the posts I've been most excited about writing and it turns out Blogmas Day Ten is the day. I had the idea of writing a 25 Facts About Me post but with a Christmas twist. I figure it will give you an opportunity to find out more about me and what my Christmases are like and I think it will be really fun to write.


  1. My favourite flavour Quality Street (and Roses) chocolate has always been the strawberry ones.
  2. My Favourite Christmas song is Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Kirsty McColl.
  3. I always wear a red dress on Christmas Day.
  4. I hate when people say that 2 Become 1 by The Spice Girls is a Christmas song - it is not, you cannot put it next to 'Merry Christmas Everyone' or 'Underneath the Tree' or 'White Christmas' in your playlists, it doesn't belong.
  5. My favourite Christmas snack - you know, The ones you only ever have at Christmas? - is (hands down) Cheese Footballs. Nothing else compares.
  6. I went carol singing every year for two or three years as a child. My primary school teachers taught us all sorts of songs and carols and then we'd go on a 'tour' of various places local to us, singing for our parents and for shoppers in Morrison's to name but a few. It was so fun and something I'm so glad I got to do.
  7. I spent a lot of my childhood Christmases in Northern Ireland staying at (what has become) my favourite hotel with my parents and I have wonderful memories of it - I love big family Christmases at home but I will always have a soft spot for light lunches, bingo, swimming on Christmas Eve in the hotel spa and going on a 'sleigh' (aka horse and cart) ride on Christmas morning.
  8. Our Christmas tree is topped with an angel.
  9. I have made around six Christmas cakes so far in my lifetime.
  10. I love a festive cheeseboard.
  11. Stilton is easily my favourite thing on said festive cheeseboards.
  12. If I worked in Santa's workshop, I think I'd be a gift-wrapping elf.
  13. As a kid, I played a Christmas fairy, the angel Gabriel, a mouse, an angel and a shepherd in my primary schools' Christmas plays.
  14. I was actually the angel Gabriel two years in a row - I was obviously brilliant in the role.
  15. I don't remember ever particularly wanting to play Mary in the Nativity play - I just wanted to be in it, I didn't really mind what I was!
  16. I used to watch Mickey's Magical Christmas: Snowed in at the House of Mouse all year round when I was younger (and the same goes for the Polar Express).
  17. I really love the smell of tinsel.
  18. My opinion on parsnips changes every year - some years they are a highlight of my Christmas dinner, other years I can't bear the sight of them.
  19. I have a pair of Christmas Eve pyjamas that are only to be worn on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day (I sometimes extend it to Boxing Day but no further).
  20. They are red with white polka dots - like the background of my blog.
  21. My first Christmas drink at Costa is always Black Forest Hot Chocolate - I try the rest of the menu throughout December, but I always kick off with a Black Forest Hot Chocolate.
  22. I would love to visit Germany at Christmas and visit as many Christmas markets as possible while there.
  23. My favourite John Lewis Christmas adverts are Monty the Penguin and The Long Wait.
  24. My advent calendar this year is a Snowman and Snowdog one from Thornton's - it's very swish.
  25. I would absolutely love if there was snow this Christmas - all of you, cross your fingers for a White Christmas, please.
Thanks for joining me for Blogmas Day Ten.
I'd love to know a festive fact about you so feel free to leave one in the comments. Or maybe you'd rather leave another comment or suggestion for future posts? You know what to do.
See you tomorrow.
I hope your day is fabulous and festive!
GingerSnaps xxx

3 comments:

  1. yes welcome to the dark side my friends i am so glad its not just me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. It does count, I've joined your tag team (haha). GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete