Pages

Wednesday 20 December 2017

I've Been Thinking... - A Super Easy (And Festive) Hairstyle.

Hi!!!

It's Blogmas Day Twenty (only five days to go till Christmas! I'm so excited!). Today I wanted to write something a bit different and show you how I create one of my current favourite hairstyles. I'm not one of those people who creates intricate braids or detailed up-dos, although I think they look amazing and I'd love to learn, but right now I think I'm a bit too clumsy for that! I also just like wearing my hair down. That being said, I often have some of my hair up so that I can still enjoy having my hair down but without having it in my eyes. With all these things in mind, here's a hairstyle for you to try today.

The first step for this is to curl your hair. I have worn this style with my natural hair (which is mostly straight) and I still really like the way it looks, but since it's Christmas, you might want to go a bit more 'all out'. If you have longer hair then I'd suggest sectioning your hair before curling it. You can go for a softer wave if that's your vibe, but I like to go for defined, bouncy ringlets if I've gone as far as to turn the curling iron on.


Then, once your hair is ready, be it straight or curly or wavy, the next thing you'll need to do is grab a hair tie. I would recommend using a thicker bobble because it's less likely to get stuck in your hair, especially if you have thick hair.
Anyway, you'll need to section some of your hair and tie it into a ponytail that sits 'up' and at the top of your head, leaving you with a half-up, half-down hairstyle.
Now the fun part, the bow! It's a bit of a fussy step but it is worth taking the time to do it. Grab a roll of ribbon. It can be any colour - I've used a super festive red here, but green would also be very Christmassy and you can't go wrong with black or white. Measure a length of it before you cut it - I used about _cm but you might need a bit less (or more) depending on the length of your hair. Place the ribbon so that the two ends are facing forward and the middle is at the back/the underside of the ponytail you've created. Grab a bobby pin and secure the middle of the ribbon to the bobble/your ponytail. Then tie the ribbon into a bow. Adjust the loops of the bow to create your ideal bow and then use another kirby grip and secure the knot of the bow to the ponytail.
If you did curl your hair then you might want to spritz some hairspray through your hair to hold them in place and then you are done. Yay!
Oh and if bows aren't your thing then you can still make a statement by using a velvet scrunchie (I have one in green and one in red and I love them). It will not only keep the half-up ponytail in place, but it will look great.

I hoped you liked today's Blogmas post - I had wanted to offer more guidance with photos but it was tricky to shoot so hopefully I've explained everything in enough detail (if you have a question though then ask in the comments).
What is your go-to hairstyle this Christmas? Do you have any other comments? Perhaps a suggestion for a future post? You can let me know by leaving a comment below.
Thanks for reading.

I hope you have a fabulous day!

GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. my idea of a Christmas hair style is putting a hat on. Still i thought this was cute and man we need to bring scrunchies back, well again i can't so i am relying on you for that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hats can be very festive, so that still works, haha. I will do my best to bring scrunchies back - you can rally support for them while I wear them (team work!). GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete