Pages

Monday 11 December 2017

I've Been Thinking... - Snow.

Hi!!!

Good afternoon, everyone. I know today's Blogmas post is going up a little bit later than usual but I do have a very good reason - there's snow outside. I thought it would be nice to share some of the many photos I have taken of the snow - and a short piece of writing that I've done. If you haven't got any snow where you live at the moment or you just love snow as much as I do (which is a lot) then I think you'll like today's post. Happy Blogmas Day Eleven!


I've said it before but Winter is my favourite season. The cold temperatures, the frost, the soft blue or grey skies, the bracing winds and most of all, the snow. Snow is my favourite kind of weather. The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe has always been one of my favourite stories and to see the world transformed into a Narnian landscape fills me with joy.
 
 
I love how serene the world looks when it is covered in snow. I love the excitement you can see in people's faces. I love how snowflakes feel when they fall on your face. I love having snowball fights and I love building snowmen and I love making snow angels and I love taking the sledges round to the park and slipping and sliding down the hills. I love how everyone becomes children again when it snows. I love how grown-ups and little ones and grandparents all laugh and play and make memories together. I love how people become happier and become more ready to pass it on. I love how people are eager to help push cars off snowy driveways and I love how people want to tell you they like the snowman you've built.
 
 
 
I can't stop looking out of the windows. I can't stop smiling when I see the trees in the park. I can't stop telling everyone how much I love snow. I can't stop laughing at videos of us trying to make our sledges perform in a Winter Olympics style. I can't stop singing Christmas songs with lyrics that mention snow and pointing as I sing because we actually have snow at Christmas-time like they do in the films. I can't stop thinking about how lucky I am to live in a world where there is snow.
I won't stop thinking about how lucky I am to live in a world where there is snow.
Because I am.
And I feel that with every fibre of my being.


 

I hope you enjoyed this post!
Has it snowed where you live yet? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future posts? Leave a comment to let me know.
Thanks for reading. See you tomorrow for Blogmas Day Twelve!
 
I hope you have a wonderful, snow-filled day!
 
GingerSnaps xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment