Pages

Friday 22 December 2017

Style It Out - Fashion, Style and Get Ready With Me's - Christmas Day OOTD.

Hi!!!

Good morning and happy Blogmas Day Twenty Two (Christmas Day is within touching distance now and that makes me so happy). I've got Wizzard's 'I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday' playing in the background and I've got a big cup of tea and I'm feeling ready and inspired to write this post. Today I wanted to show you the outfit I'm planning to wear on Monday (or as it is otherwise known, Christmas Day, no big deal).

Everyone has different ideas of the ideal Christmas outfit. I know, for instance, that some people refuse to leave their pyjamas. I am someone who likes to get dressed up for Christmas. I always wear a dress and I take my time getting ready. After all, you can't get dolled up to celebrate Christmas, when can you?


This is my Christmas dress. It's Lindy Bop's 'Audrey' Swing Dress, and it does have a classic Audrey Hepburn quality to it with it's straight across neckline (which I am told is called a bateau neckline, but I think mine makes more sense), fitted natural waist and swishy circle skirt (yes, swishy is a technical fashion term, ask anyone). It has pockets (YAY!). It's a very festive shade of red - I love wearing a red dress for Christmas dinner, it just seems like the perfect piece for the occasion.
I like playing on the 1950s silhouette of the dress. I like wearing a short green cardigan, which is from The Collection at Debenhams, with the top button fastened which I think looks very 50s and very cute.
I think this would look amazing with a sparkly pair of heels and if I'm feeling super fancy and snazzy and supreme on Monday then I might pop those on. But if not then I have an alternative, and slightly more likely, option - my trusty red Converse high tops, which were actually a Christmas present a few years ago. They are that festive red, they are super comfy and easy to wear and I love the way Converse look when worn with dresses. I'll either have some white socks on with them or some super sassy Christmas socks - I am definitely one of those people who loves receiving socks as a Christmas present, they are a huge part of my #aesthetic.
Thanks for reading.
What are you going to wear on Christmas Day? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for posts you'd like to see in the future? Leave a comment to tell me.
I'll speak to you all tomorrow.

Have a brilliant day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment