Pages

Sunday 3 December 2017

I've Been Thinking... - Some of My Favourite Christmas Candles

Hi!!!

For Blogmas Day 3, I wanted to chat to you about some of my favourite Christmas candles. I've picked out some that I really love the fragrances of and which really remind me of Christmas and they are all available in a variety of sizes and a variety of price ranges - all of them can be bought for less than £17 depending on the size you opt for.


First up is, as I described it last year, "my number one bae of a candle" - John Lewis Winter Spice. I love this one so much. This has a traditional Christmas scent - I'd describe it as spiced orange, with a good balance between the fresh and fruity orange fragrance and the spicy notes cinnamon. When I first came across this one I was delighted because it really reminds me of Christmases from my childhood. I reach for this one time and time again because I know it will take me straight into a festive state of mind and because it really throws its scent around the room making it well worth the money.

The next candle I want to tell you about is Yankee Candle's Christmas Cookie. This is definitely one for those of you who like sweet smells - if Lush's Snow Fairy bath products are your go-to at Christmas, then I think you'll like this, but perhaps not one for traditionalists. I think the main scents in this are sugar (like pure sugar) and vanilla but there are some slightly less sweet notes that ground it and do give it the quality of sugar cookies baking in the kitchen (so it does what it says on the tin).


Another Yankee Candle that I really like at Christmas-time is one called Red Apple Wreath. The notes of apple make it quite a fresh and fruity smelling candle while also being reminiscent of Christmas punch as it also has top notes of cinnamon and clove and mid notes such as walnuts. It is a very homely scent and one that I think would make a lovely gift as I know plenty of other fans of this candle.

And to finish, one more offering from Yankee Candle - and a footnote that so many are here because I have received gift sets of their festive fragrances in the past. Candy Cane Lane is a great one to burn in the kitchen or anywhere where you're looking to make smell fresh. It really does smell like someone has crushed a load of peppermint candy canes and made a candle from them and so while it isn't necessarily the first scent you'd look for in a Christmas candle, it is still rather festive.

Thanks for reading my Blogmas Day 3 post - I hope you enjoyed it.
What are your favourite Christmas candles? Do you have any other comments or perhaps a suggestion for a post you'd like to see during December? Let me know by leaving a comment below.
See you tomorrow for Day Four. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Have a fantastic day!
GingerSnaps xxx

2 comments:

  1. for some one who hates fire you sure seem to love candles also 10 out of 10 for those pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love candles but it takes me approximately ten years and a lot of nervous energy to light them, haha. And thank you for complimenting the photos, I was pleased with them. GingerSnaps xxx

      Delete