Pages

Tuesday 12 December 2017

I've Been Thinking... - One of My Favourite Christmas Adverts.

Hi!!!

Good morning and welcome to Blogmas Day Twelve. Today I want to share one of my favourite Christmas adverts from this year's selection with you. I love a good advert, especially at Christmas. I know some of you might not pay that much attention to them (Sky Plus, am I right?), but I figure since most of us watched the John Lewis Christmas advert approximately ten minutes after we woke up on the day it appeared on YouTube, we're all interested enough to chat about the best ads.

I wasn't expecting the BBC to produce one of my favourite Christmas adverts of the year but they certainly have.



It features an always busy, workaholic single Dad and his daughter who loves dancing and is going to perform in her school's Christmas showcase. Every time she tries to show her new routine to him, her father is seemingly too busy with work to take notice - or is he? 


The advert also includes the much loved former number one song 'Symphony' by Clean Bandit and is in a very charming claymation medium.

It's lovely to see family at the heart of a Christmas advert and to see real life on display in amongst all of the fantastical adverts. 
It gives me the feeling that all the advertising companies strive to create at Christmas - it makes me happy and it makes me shed a few little tears and it makes me feel so festive. 
It's heartwarming and sweet and has, in my eyes, stolen the show.

You can watch it HERE.

Thanks for reading.
Which is your favourite Christmas advert this year? Do you have any other comments or suggestions for future Blogmas posts? Let me know in the comments.
See you tomorrow for Blogmas Day Thirteen.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

GingerSnaps xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment